Gardena Binding Account is going on/offline every couple of minutes

My Gardena binding is behaving strange.

It works most of the time and after looking at the logs I found something like every couple of minutes.

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2019-05-31 21:55:59.751 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:account:home’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Connection lost
2019-05-31 21:55:59.753 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:sensor:home:073a8b7c-de5c-4b5a-be4f-67b9076f6197’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2019-05-31 21:55:59.755 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:watering_computer:home:3d1fe89d-0174-4dd0-b162-40baf0a0a6a0’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)
2019-05-31 21:56:01.741 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:account:home’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Connection lost to ONLINE
2019-05-31 21:56:01.747 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:sensor:home:073a8b7c-de5c-4b5a-be4f-67b9076f6197’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE
2019-05-31 21:56:01.748 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘gardena:watering_computer:home:3d1fe89d-0174-4dd0-b162-40baf0a0a6a0’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to ONLINE

Setting the timeouts in the thing (account) configuration does not to change much.
It goes off and online all the time (every 2 minutes).

Here are the account settings:

Session Timeout 30
Connection Timeout 20
Refresh Interval 60

It has the also the result that most (all?) of the time I need to re- login to the account in the app.

Does anybody does have an idea what’s going on ?



1 Like

Hi together,
in my installation it’s the same.

I also have some rules active which are refreshing the Smart sensors. Could that possibly cause this issue?
Since yesterday the Gardena app on my Smartphone shows a message like "
Your account has been blocked for too many concurrent requests.
Wait a moment until your account is unlocked again."

But that “moment” is the whole day since yesterday.

For testing i’ve deactivated my rules and hope, that it’ll help a bit.

Hope someone has a idea.
Thanks in advance for your help.


I get the same message all the time.
Changed the refresh rate for the binding from 60 seconds to 30 minutes, now it’s a bit better but sometimes I still get blocked. I do a force refresh for the sensors once an hour.
Strangely the states are still updated immediately even with a 30 Minutes refresh, so I will try to set it to 1 hour now, maybe this helps.

Edit: The state of the valves does not refresh when the timer stops, see solution below.

I found a temporary solution:

In the binding I changed the refresh rate from 60 to 3600, that prevents being locked out by gardena. I refresh my sensors manually once an hour, since Gardena does the refresh less frequent. To still get the correct state from the valves when the irrigation stops I added the following rule:

rule "irrigation_valve_1_off"
    Item irrigation_valve_1 changed
    var Timer timer = null
	if (irrigation_valve_1.state == 0) {
	else {
		timer = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(Integer.parseInt(irrigation_valve_1.state.toString)), [
			timer = null

I need the if - Else since I also do some manual persistence in this rule.
The reason for the parseInt is a NULL error I always get when I try to read the state in any other way.