Gardena Binding is not working anymore (HTTP 403 forbidden)

Same issue here.
The bottom line is that it is the Gardena binding which needs to get fixed to strictly follow the Gardena Authentication API described in their developer portal.

1 Like

Hi all,
I just bought a smart gardena mower (it is great) and of course a long time user of openhab (greater also).
Before install and configure this binding, i want to be sure that the problem is fixed ?
Also i dont really see why connect the mower to openhab (but i am a geek, i will do it), perhaps you can tell me some helpfull use cases ?
Thanks all.

If it is a newer version of the gardena Smart system, you will have to go for the Marketplace version of the binding, As Gardena has made some significant changes to the Binding

Hi, I have the same Problem.
The curious thing is that the binding work when I first installed the binding and added a thing by MAINUI Not manually in thing file. I was able to control all of my irrigation controls perfectly. After a while I got the connection error and since that day I cannot get it back to work. I deleted all apis and started completely new but no chance. Quite funny is that the test link offered on the husqvarna portal works when i enter it in the console. When you add both apis (authentication and smart system) to your Account do you enter the apikey under both authentication Fields?
I am absolute desperate about this thing…

BTW: This thread is 3 years old…

Besides that there where afaik changes in the API that required adjustments in the binding.
I have openHAB 3.4.4 running and things are working fine, mower, irrigation, sensors and switching plugs are accessible.

Upgrade, maybe delete your Account Thing and recreate it. Check that you link your things to the then newly created account thing (bridge).
This should do the trick

In addition: Maybe your client defined in the Gardena Portal has been locked due to outdated API calls. I suggest you create a new client for openHAB before creating the Bridge Thing.