Gardena Binding Valve Control not working

When I try to set a timer to one of the Valve (ventile) openhab sends the command but directly after that the value will be reseted to 0.

Items:
Number Ventil3MitteTimer “Ventil3 Mitte Timer” (VentilGroup1) {channel=“gardena:ic24:21518505:7b7bb27c-fade-4077-9b39-4ba5689a8305:watering#watering_timer_3”}

Open valve for 3 minutes:
Ventil3MitteTimer.sendCommand(3)

Log:

Item ‘Ventil3MitteTimer’ received command 3
2020-07-19 14:51:37.630 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Ventil3MitteTimer predicted to become 3
2020-07-19 14:51:37.657 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - VentilGroup1 changed from 0 to 3 through Ventil3MitteTimer
2020-07-19 14:51:37.665 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Ventil3MitteTimer changed from 0 to 3
2020-07-19 14:51:45.054 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Ventil3MitteTimer changed from 3 to 0

After that the Gardena App shows an unknown error on the Valve…
Is that a known problem?

Best regards

You may want to post the full rule.

Here is an example you can use for a guide.

var Timer myTimer = null
rule "Motion OFF"
when
    Item Motion changed from OFF
then
    if (myTimer === null) {
        if  (Motion.state == ON) {
            myTimer = createTimer(now.plusSeconds(60), [ |
                if (Motion.state == ON){
                //do stuff
                }
            ])   
        }
    }
end

rule "BACK FROM ON"
when
    Item Motion changed from ON
then
    myTimer.cancel
    myTimer = null
end

It’s for a motion sensor, just change it as needed to suit your needs. Hope this helps and if you have problems post what you have and please use code fences.

Hi sorry but this will not solve my problem. The Problem is the gardena binding. I send a command to the gardena Irrigation Control thing to open the valve for examplefor 3 minutes so that the sprinkler is working. But when i do that openhab send the command and after that the value will be reset to 0…i dont know why.

I am guessing that the Gardena hub has its own internal automation program for turning its watering valves ON and OFF ?? So perhaps when OH sends an ON command, the hub’s internal automation program is doing exactly what it should do, and reverting it to OFF again?

Hi @AndrewFG thx a lot for your proposal. Its sounds very possible but [ unfortunately it solves not the problem :(. I have removed all my test schedules plans from the gardena app but still the same problem :(.

Is there nobody who has the same problem or someone where it is working?

Hi, I am Not at Home, so I Not so sure, but gardena change the API and I believe the value is in seconds and not in Minuten…? And Not all value are allowed, 60 Minutes dont work, 59 is allowed

1 Like

Hi @Cernon you are my personal hero :D. Yes thats absolutely the problem. When I do 300 s (5min) it is working perfectly. Unfortunately the gardena binding doc and the values which you can use in the paper ui thing are still wrong.

Thx a lot