Gardena sensor2 not supported?

I have the Gardena binding running and working with the mower. Now I bought the sensor2 and added it in the things file:
Thing sensor2 humiditysensor [ deviceId="…" ]
This seems to work. After having a look at the channels by going to
http://192.168.178.2:8080/rest/things/gardena:sensor2:home:humiditysensor
there seem to be no channels.

Any ideas how to get the sensor working?

Best
Florian

I would first try to create the Thing in the UI. If it still has not Channels file an issue on the binding to add support for the sensor. If it does show the Channels then there is something wrong with your .things file and you’ll have to figure that out.

Thanks! I get this error when adding the thing in the PaperUi:
2021-06-24 19:06:54.484 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.binding.ThingFactory] - Thing factory (class org.openhab.binding.gardena.internal.handler.GardenaHandlerFactory) returned null on create thing when it reports to support the thing type (gardena:sensor2). 2021-06-24 19:06:54.490 [WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type gardena:sensor2.

Can you give me a hint on where and how to report the issue? I get till

but from there I do not know how to continue.

Well, if you are using PaperUI that means that you are on openHAB 2 and development has ended for OH 2. So even if you open the issue it won’t be implemented. And for all we know this device has already been added in OH 3. So you’d have to test it out in OH 3 first and if it still doesn’t work then open an issue on the openhab-addons repo. See How to file an Issue.

1 Like