Generating derived weather calculations with the Weather Calculations Binding

dunno, removed 3.2.0 from the marketplace/xxy/ folder, downloaded your’s 3.2.1, restarted OH but seems like nothing changed, both times still the same and I’m not sure how to validate it’s running correct version.

from OH admin, it’s pointing to 3.2.0 i guess, no option to update from UI

Hmm. Is there an option to uninstall the binding from the UI? It shouldn’t remove your things, just the code that it’s running. Then you can drop that jar in your addons/ directory.

So after some more research, I think there’s still a bit of development work going on in the marketplace front… not all of the possible scenarios have been sorted out so unfortunately there will be a bit more legwork for you. Happy to work with you on getting the thing sorted out; just let me know where things stand on your end. If you are able to use the openhab command line tool we should be able to get thing sorted in short order!

I’ll give that some thought over the next few days. I’m playing around with an addition to the openhab core api that allows json data to be dealt with directly. That might allow us to skip the 50 items situation and move right to displaying the data. Still think it would be worth coming up with a standard “schema” for forecast data. Will look around and see if maybe we can come up with a common format so that it would be easy to switch forecast providers…

Will report back when I have some more info!

1 Like

no worries, i know how to use my shell :slight_smile:
so are there any recomended steps, or you just went thru it by yourself? :slight_smile:

Ok, If you can find the bundle id of the old version, you can uninstall it and then install and activate the new one. I think something like this should work:

openhab> bundle:list | grep Calculations
303 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.2.0                 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Weather Calculations Binding
openhab> bundle:uninstall 303
openhab> bundle:install https://bitbucket.org/hww3/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations/downloads/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations-3.2.1.jar
Bundle ID: 245
openhab> bundle:start 245
openhab> bundle:list 245                                                                                                                
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
 ID │ State  │ Lvl │ Version │ Name
────┼────────┼─────┼─────────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
245 │ Active │  80 │ 3.2.1   │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Weather Calculations Binding
1 Like

allright done it, shows 3.2.1 now
will wait till tmrw if the times will be diferent

thanks! :slight_smile:

Great. Hopefully at some point I will understand how the marketplace works under the covers; I’m glad this “manual procedure” was able to get your version upgraded. I looked quickly at the results I’m getting from the binding and they seem a lot more reasonable. Hopefully you’ll see an improvement as well!

confirming 3.2.1 works great, Thank you!

Yeah, marketplace is somehow half way there, updates of the bindings is something really needed.

Terrific news! Hopefully the shortcomings with the marketplace will get sorted out and future updates will go more smoothly. Hopefully they’re considering having a sort of “testing” channel so that episodes like this will be less of a hassle. Might need to suggest that if it’s not already in the plans.

As always, do reach out if you run into any further difficulties!

I’m trying to have 2 different THINGS defined for 2 different states in the US.

The first THING and its channels were working fine, then I added the second THING and the first THING channels stopped working, no values anymore but the second THING channel has values.

I’m running this version → org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations-3.2.0.jar

Any thoughts?

Best, Jay

Hi Jay-

Thanks for letting me know you’re seeing funny behavior.

I just took a look at the code and sure enough, I’ve got a TODO about being able to handle multiple things… right now, the thing handler assume’s it’s the only one and clears the list of items the binding is interested in. That seems to explain the behavior you’re seeing.

Let me take a day or two to think about how best to finish the job I started… it shouldn’t be difficult, I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything obvious. I’ll reply back when I have a new version that handles multiple things.

1 Like

Thank you!

My guess it has something to do with this setting that is the same for each THING, just a thought.

thingTypeUID: weathercalculations:weathercalculations

Best, Jay

OK, I’ve got a new version of the weathercalculations binding that should support defining multiple things. I’ve been testing it out here for a day or so and it seems to be doing what I expect. Please have a go and let me know if it solves the problem you were seeing.
Here’s the link to the new version:

https://bitbucket.org/hww3/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations/downloads/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations-3.2.2.jar

If you installed the binding from the marketplace, you may need to uninstall the old version and install this new one. This message from about a week ago describes that process:

I’ve put it in and will report back tomorrow.

Thank you!

Jay

Thank you Bill, it ran all night and its working!

Best, Jay

Perfect!

As a side note for others, I’ve uploaded the new version to the marketplace (I think, it seems like the only option is to simply replace the link on the listing.) If anyone needs to upgrade, I think you just uninstall the old version and re-install. Or get it from directly from the download link above.

Best,

Bill

Hey Bill,

I’m seeing the Trend factor being the same during the same binding calc cycle for 2 different states (IL & FL) when it shouldn’t be.

Here’s the config for both, if you want me to try different altitude for each location, I’d be glad to since I’m NOT 100% sure these are accurate.

Hoffman Estate, IL
Altitude = -798
Station Altitude = 231

St. Petersburg, FL
Altitude = 46
Station Altitude = 46

Both places have separate specific weather items for each location.

2022-06-12 03:57:40.051 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Chicago Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming
2022-06-12 03:57:40.369 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Florida Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming

2022-06-12 05:57:42.398 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Chicago Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming
2022-06-12 05:57:42.688 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Florida Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming

2022-06-12 06:57:43.618 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Chicago Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming
2022-06-12 06:57:43.795 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Florida Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming

2022-06-12 07:27:44.323 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Chicago Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming
2022-06-12 07:27:44.517 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Florida Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming

2022-06-12 07:57:44.850 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Chicago Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming
2022-06-12 07:57:45.124 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Florida Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming

2022-06-12 08:57:46.160 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Chicago Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming
2022-06-12 08:57:46.449 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.WEATHERCALC         ] - Florida Barometric Pressure Trend via MAP is Storm is coming

Best, Jay

Yep, seems I neglected the pressure trend calculation which uses a shared source of data. I’ll fix that tomorrow and get a new version for you to test out.

Sorry about that!

Bill

1 Like

I’ve uploaded a new version (3.2.3) that I think should fix the problem. I’ve only had it running for a few hours, but it /seems/ to be working, if you’d like to try it out.

https://bitbucket.org/hww3/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations/downloads/

1 Like