Generic Z-Wave Siren Alarm : AB01Z? or AB02Z? + Missing Commands

I got a couple of Generic Z-Wave Siren Alarms that physically look like the Zipato AB02Z_PSE02 (without the branding) but OH imported it as an NAS-AB01Z. Regardless it does work fine but it seems to be missing the following config paramaters (for control of the LED light) that both the AB01Z and the AB02Z look like they support (according to the info I found at https://products.z-wavealliance.org/Search/Index?regionId=-1&searchText=AB0 )

<ConfigurationParameterExport>
  <Name>Alarm Led Enable</Name>
  <Description>This parameter defines the default led enable status when siren is on for ALARM SOUND MODE.
If parameter is set to ‘0’, led will be disable.
If parameter is set t0 ‘1’, led will be enable. When siren is on, the led will blink.</Description>
  <ParameterNumber>8</ParameterNumber>
  <Size>1</Size>
  <DefaultValue>1</DefaultValue>
  <pType>0</pType>
  <flagReadOnly>false</flagReadOnly>
  <flagReInclude>false</flagReInclude>
  <flagAdvanced>false</flagAdvanced>
  <v3plus>false</v3plus>
  <minValue>0</minValue>
  <maxValue>0</maxValue>
  <ConfigurationParameterValues>
    <ConfigurationParameterValueExport>
      <From>0</From>
      <To>1</To>
      <Description>Alarm mode switching</Description>
    </ConfigurationParameterValueExport>
  </ConfigurationParameterValues>
</ConfigurationParameterExport>
<ConfigurationParameterExport>
  <Name>Door Bell Led Enable</Name>
  <Description>This parameter defines the default led enable status when siren is on for DOOR BELL SOUND MODE.
If parameter is set to ‘0’, led will be disable.
If parameter is set t0 ‘1’, led will be enable. When siren is on, the led will blink.</Description>
  <ParameterNumber>9</ParameterNumber>
  <Size>1</Size>
  <DefaultValue>0</DefaultValue>
  <pType>0</pType>
  <flagReadOnly>false</flagReadOnly>
  <flagReInclude>false</flagReInclude>
  <flagAdvanced>false</flagAdvanced>
  <v3plus>false</v3plus>
  <minValue>0</minValue>
  <maxValue>0</maxValue>
  <ConfigurationParameterValues>
    <ConfigurationParameterValueExport>
      <From>0</From>
      <To>1</To>
      <Description>Door Bell Led Enable</Description>
    </ConfigurationParameterValueExport>
  </ConfigurationParameterValues>
</ConfigurationParameterExport>
  </ConfigurationParameters>

So I’m not sure of the procedure on how to get this tested and added?

Thanks
Nathan

Yes - please visit the database -:

There are some guidelines at the link below - it seems like you just need to add a couple of parameters so this should be pretty straight forward. If you have any questions, just ask here and one of the database maintainers should be able to jump in and help.

1 Like

@chris - Hi Chris, I’ve made the changes to https://opensmarthouse.org/zwavedatabase/522 , do you mind checking if I’ve done this correctly (my first attempt).

Also, how does this now show up in OpenHab for use?

Thanks
Nathan

Thanks - it looks fine. I’m doing a database update now, then it will be available in the next SNAPSHOT version in an hour or so.

To upgrade, you’ll need to use this latest SNAPSHOT. You an upgrade with the script below if you’re on a 'nix machine.

Note that in order to pick up the new definition, you need to delete and re-add the device (not exclude - just remove it in the UI, go to the inbox, and it should be discovered again with the new definition).

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.