Trying to set-up my ELTAKO system into OPENHAB.
Steps I followed:
Created bridge in OPENHAB for the FAM14 through a Enocean USB dongle using the given FAM14 “BASEID”
Created in OPENHAB all the things for my actuators, using a unique “SenderID” for each and reference to an “EnoceanID” equal to the “BASEID” created in the previous step. I did this for rollershutters FSB14 and light actuators FSR14. A “sendingenoceanID” is generated and shown under the “Thing properties”.
Programmed in PTC14 all actuators (FSR14-LED & FSR-4x & FSB14) using the appropriate GFVS function option and completed the with the “sendingENoceanID” created in the previous step.
Added it all in my Model, using only the rollershutter point for the FSB14 and the swicth point for the FSR14. I did not add the contact.
All works fine, I can control everything now. Up, down, on, off,…
I did not use any teach-in function, as done for your real switches? I do this in an attempt to understand how it works myself.
Problem that remains:
- I can not have the status of the OPENHAB switch changing when I push the real button in my house. Or in other words, there is no feed-back to the OPENHAB system coming from the ELTAKO system.
many thanks… Lypus
most likely you got the EnoceanID wrong of your thing. Check out this thread: https://community.openhab.org/t/beginners-guide-for-implementing-eltako-fsr14-fsb14-fud14-via-fgw14/136872
What position is configured for the switch in the FAM14 ?
I configured them on several positions. Now it is on position 4, but I tried all positions by now.
I think you are right about the EnoceanID, but I can not figure out which is the one to use:
I tried 3 different ID’s, for which I added each time the Hex value of the address of output channel in the FSR14 or FSB14. Which is shown in the PCT14 tool.
I used the BASE-ID that OPENHAB gives me through the Enocean bridge thing. And disabled the RS485 bus option. (see red in the attachment, I blanked out the actual HEX value)
I created an ID myself by enabling the RS485 bus option, following the thread you mentioned. (see blue in the attachment, I blanked out the actual HEX value)
I used the one that the PCT14 tool give me under the FAM14 configuration page. And disabled the RS485 bus option.
extra info: I also enabled the debugging, checked the log files and enabled the streaming for SSE connection (not sure what that is). In neither one of them I can see ELTAKO messages coming through when I push any physical button.
I do can see under logs/openhab.txt the following lines:
2023-11-19 10:15:00.486 [INFO ] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - Transceiver shutdown
2023-11-19 10:15:00.650 [INFO ] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - EnOceanSerialTransceiver initialized
2023-11-19 10:15:00.651 [INFO ] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - EnOceanSerialTransceiver RX thread started
2023-11-19 10:15:00.651 [INFO ] [nternal.handler.EnOceanBridgeHandler] - EnOceanSerialTransceiver RX thread up and running
Screenshot of the Enoceanbridge thing:
Edit… not fully solved within this post
Is solved for the lights… baby step victory
What did it:
The Enocean ID I entered in the Switch Thing is actually the same as the one calculated by the OPENHAB system and as indicated in PCT14 in the ID mapping page. See colored in red in the screenshot from OPENHAB and also in red in the screenshot from PCT14.
I did put the FAM14 switch on 2, as suggested by Markus in another post. And did reboot the Eltako system.
Remark and next steps
It is not perfect, it seems to miss sometimes the signal.
Next baby step is to get the roller shutters to give feed-back
Hope this can help others
Solution above only worked for a few lights, and was not stable at all. I think I found a solution, but will test a few days with all lights and shutters prior to posting. Sorry for claiming the victory too early.
pfff… I tried it for a week now, and it looks to be working.
I did the following:
I installed DolphinView on my Windows system. DolphinView is an app from Enocean to logs telegrams that are sent into the wireless PCT14 system. Because the app can not access a port, while the same port is accessed by OPENHAB, you might have disconnect the USB300 in the ENocean Bridge Thing from that port. I did that by simply entering temporarily a wrong COM port there. And then using the correct port in DolphinView. Or if OPENHAB doesn’t runs on a Windows system, you just unplug it from the system and plug it into your Windows system.
I linked the Enocean USB300 to the app and started logging. I did put the FAM14 BA switch in position 2 to ensure minimal messages to be sent out.
Then pushed a physical button to send out a message from the FAM14 into the PCT14 wireless system.
Then I checked the DolphinView app. You can see the ID in the logging pan (indicated in red), that is the one to remember, FYI - the blue is the switch status for a light switch, indicated by 50 or 70.
- Went to OPENHAB and entered the logged ID into the EnOceanID box, indicated below in red.
- That should do it. Just repeat it for all your switches and done.
Hope this helps.