Getting message connection refused after upgrading to openhab3

Hi

I’ve upgraded my system to openhab3 which worked fine and I can see the system is up and running when I’m logged in with the openhabian.

However when I try to connect to openhab via the browser I get the message connection refused. I have the same problem when I try to switch to the console no matter if I try it locally or from remote with ssh -p 8101 openhab localhost

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thank you for your support.

Regards Daniel

After some further investigation I realized that something must have gone wrong with the migration. When I restart OH3 I find the following error message in openhab.log:

2021-01-01 20:18:23.856 [ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] - Error installing boot features
org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-ui; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-ui)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.0.0)(version<=3.0.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-base; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-lsp; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-item-ide; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.core.model.item.ide; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.model)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]]]]]
at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:392) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:378) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:332) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:257) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:393) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1062) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:998) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-ui/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-runtime-base; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-lsp; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-item-ide; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.core.model.item.ide; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.model)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]]]]
at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1343) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
… 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-runtime-base/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-lsp; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-item-ide; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.core.model.item.ide; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.model)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]]]
… 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-lsp/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-core-model-item-ide; type=karaf.feature [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.core.model.item.ide; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.model)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]]
… 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [openhab-core-model-item-ide/3.0.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.core.model.item.ide; type=osgi.bundle; version="[3.0.0,3.0.0]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.model)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]]
… 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item.ide/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.model)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]]
… 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core.model.item/3.0.0] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.common.registry)(version>=3.0.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"]
… 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.openhab.core/3.0.0: missing requirement [org.openhab.core/3.0.0] osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"
… 12 more

Any good hints or should I do a fresh install?

Thanks for any ideas

Hello Daniel,
I’m facing the same issue… on a Raspberry Pi 3. Up to now, I didn’t find how to fix this …

I forced it to use java v11… and it now works.

how did you do that?

SOLVED: got it switched to Java v11 with openhabian-config, thank you for the hint :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue. I can PuTTY into the Pi, but I get a “This site can’t be reached”, refused to connect.

I ran the Open JDK install and it does have Zulu 11 installed.

Any other suggestions?

java -version
openjdk version "11.0.9" 2020-10-20 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.43+88-CA (build 11.0.9+11-LTS)
OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.43+88-CA (build 11.0.9+11-LTS, mixed mode)

You need to actively set it to use Java 11 in the configuration menue.

Regards Daniel

I gave up trying to upgrade it and I just started with a fresh install.

For those still struggling to get this to work, you might want to offer what you mean by “you have to actively set it to use Java 11 in the configuration menu”.

1 Like

Please can you explain that step by step?

Which configuration menu? openhabian-config?

Which options?

openhabian-config
option 45