Getting Started with OH3: rewriting the tutorial - 1. Introduction

aha! would be very nice !

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I noticed the topic got closed and reopened it. As more of us get more experience with OH 3 and the new UI, I expect edits and the conversation to continue.

2 Likes

I’ve just tried out build #1928. Still I can’t use Zwave binding. It recognises my Aeotec Gen5 Stick but can’t add it as a bridge. If somebody is intresested I attache the log.openhab.log (187.6 KB)

The Z-Wave binding does not use bridges. There is a controller Thing though. Are you trying to configure it through the UI or with files?

Only with ui. Binding recognises it as a bridge and stops. There are corresponding java error messages in the file. I can set trace log level for the binding if it helps. I have windows10.

I considered dipping my toes into OH3 this weekend on my test system if I find time. I have a Z-Wave controller too. The last I heard the binding in OH3 is quite old.

Ok. I’m looking forward your experience. I will also do another try and create trace level log. It was working for me in early time of OH3 development around 4-5 month ago. I copied my database from OH2. But ui inclusion was not working. So I configured it from scratch but with this result. All other bindings work what I use except Zwave.

OK, OH3 will not let you configure a serial controller, at least on a Rpi 3B+ with Zulu 11. You get this error (shortened) on a fresh installation with USBZB-1 USB stick,

2020-09-12 15:46:21.326 [WARN ] [ache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain] - Application {http://resources.internal.rest.io.core.openhab.org/}SystemInfoResource has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Receiver class org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method 'abstract java.util.Collection getParameterOptions(java.net.URI, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Locale)' of interface org.openhab.core.config.core.ConfigOptionProvider.

and later

Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Receiver class org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method 'abstract java.util.Collection getParameterOptions(java.net.URI, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Locale)' of interface org.openhab.core.config.core.ConfigOptionProvider.

2020-09-12 15:46:21.369 [WARN ] [ache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain] - Exception in handleFault on interceptor org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSDefaultFaultOutInterceptor@185a1c4
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Receiver class org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method 'abstract java.util.Collection getParameterOptions(java.net.URI, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Locale)' of interface org.openhab.core.config.core.ConfigOptionProvider.

Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Receiver class org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.ZWaveConfigProvider does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method 'abstract java.util.Collection getParameterOptions(java.net.URI, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Locale)' of interface org.openhab.core.config.core.ConfigOptionProvider.

In the UI there appears to be no way to remove a binding . Perhaps I just missed the link.

When you are in the installed bindings list, click on the binding you want to uninstall and you should see a popup saying uninstall…

I only see that list when trying to add a Thing. I assume there is another place?

Hmm here are screenshots from my phone…

1 Like

OK I found it, thanks.

It works just fine in OH3. The issue is that the ZWave/ZigBee add-ons still need to be updated for OH3 by @chris. :wink:

I understand Zigbee needs work & is not in the distro yet. If Z-Wave also needs work why is it there?? Does it work if upgrading?

The ZigBee add-on was explicitly removed because it was breaking builds.
The current ZWave add-on in OH3 is an old version from a time (January 19th, 2020) where it still compiled:

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
244 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.0.202001191914      │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

Since it did not break the build it was never removed.
It would be nice if both are updated and work in 3.0.0-M1. :slight_smile:

Try doubling his pay?? :rofl: :rofl:

I am definitely no Java programmer. I am just now dabbling a bit in Object Oriented PHP. You guys are gradually corrupting me… :wink:

@wborn Is the Astro binding broken too? I cannot add the Sun thing :frowning: