gGrouname?.members.forEach(Rollershutter|... not woring - error message in Logfile

Hi,

i am currently sstruggling with the
gSSchutzAuto?.members.forEach(Rollershutter| sendCommand(Rollershutter, DOWN)

command. the below rule is executed and the log entries are been put into the logfile. so the rule in principle is called and working.

What is not working is the execution of the different KNX DOWN commands in a Group call using the forEach command. When i call each and any single Rollershutter solely it works fine - but this is very unconvinient - if something is changing and you have to adopt the whole bunch of rules.

My Sample Rule:

rule "Sonnenschutz"
when
    Item Sonnenschutz received command ON
then
         logInfo("Testrule","Sonnenschutz Executed") 
         gSSchutz?.members.forEach(Rollershutter|
                sendCommand(Rollershutter, DOWN)
                )
    	    Thread::sleep(10000)
         gSSchutz?.members.forEach(Rollershutter|
                sendCommand(Rollershutter, STOP)
                )

end

Items are defined like this one:

Rollershutter Shutter_EG_Ki_S "Küche Jalousie Süd" (EG_Kitchen, Shutters, gSSchutz) {knx=" 7/1/15, 6/1/15 "}

the log enties i do see in the log file are:

16:20:46.240 [DEBUG] [m.r.internal.engine.RuleEngine:305  ] - Executing rule 'Sonnenschutz'
16:20:46.332 [INFO ] [runtime.busevents             :22   ] - Sonnenschutz received command ON
16:20:53.876 [INFO ] [.openhab.model.script.Testrule:53   ] - Sonnenschutz Executed
16:21:29.757 [ERROR] [o.o.c.s.ScriptExecutionThread :50   ] - Error during the execution of rule 'Sonnenschutz': Could not invoke method: org.openhab.model.script.actions.BusEvent.sendCommand(org.openhab.core.items.Item,java.lang.String) on instance: null

anyone having an idea?

thx
Karsten

I’m using the method without flaws, so, please try this:

gSSchutz?.members.forEach(Rollershutter|Rollershutter.sendCommand(DOWN))

Hallo Udo

very stange behavior … that one works. the other one worked with below 1.7 as well.

ok i will amend my rules that way.

Danke!
Karsten

The behavior of the action has changed since ~ 1.8.1 - I don’t know the exact date. as I never used the action myself, this strange behavior never occured to me :slight_smile: but I’ve seen many postings as to this…

i searched for those - but havent been able to find one.