Go-echarger

Hi, I tried a lot but I can’t connect openhab to the go-echarger charger, can someone help me?

thank you very much

Hi Max! You’re going to need to provide a lot more information before we can help you solve your challenge. Everyone here is volunteering their time, so we ask people to tell us as much as you can when asking for help.

This post is a good starting point to help you formulate your question:

To also help you get started, a quick “go-echarger” search of the community led me to this discussion:

So, it seems like others have this working via MQTT, and they may be your best resource when asking for help. You might want to pick up on that discussion rather than starting anew.

Good luck!

Sorry
I am working with a Raspberry
My goal, to control the go-echarger through the kostal inverter.
Openhab reads all the parameters of Kostal.
I have read many articles on how to set up the MQTT that can interface with OpenHab, but I have not been able.
I have installed MQTT Embedded Broker and MQTT system broker connection, I have the document go-echarger api.pdf but I think I am wrong by entering the settings.
the go-echarger charger works through the application, the connection works via the cloud.
sorry my english is not nice. I hope I respected the protocol, thank you very much.

I recommend uninstalling the embedded broker as it is no longer supported. Use the openhabian-config tool and install mosquitto broker and the mqtt binding in PaperUI > Addons > Bindings.

perfect now study and see what I can do, thank you very much

If you hit a snag let me know, I’ll be glad to help.

Hi H102, if you can give some info because I’m lost, I don’t know how to set up Mosquitto and Broker.

Thank you

Did you install OH using the openhabian image?

If so then to install mosquitto broker ssh to OH server command line and type sudo openhabain-config (you may want to make the ssh screen size larger first) enter your password then the config screen will appear.

Use the arrow key and go down to number 20 “Optional Components” and hit enter. Next move down to number 23 Mosquitto and hit enter to install the broker. While in the tool you may want to also select number 10 then 11, 12, 13 and 14. Also take a look at other features that are available and install what you need.

If you did not install the image you can still install and open openhabian using the following commands:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git

sudo git clone https://github.com/openhab/openhabian.git /opt/openhabian
sudo ln -s /opt/openhabian/openhabian-setup.sh /usr/local/bin/openhabian-config

sudo openhabian-config

I missed installing 11, 12, 13 and 14, I did some communication tests and the mosquitto works.
Now I have to understand how to communicate with the go-echarger, I keep you informed.
Thanks so much

Not really required just mentioned it b/c you were already in the tool and it doesn’t hurt to run those.

:+1: You just saved yourself a lot of headaches by moving to mosquitto. :wink:

Hi,

i want to add a go e charger to openhab as well. Started a discussion about creating a binding here: