GoControl Thermostat TBZ48 controls are display only

Newbie here love the openHAB app and getting along quite well after I got my Zwave controller going.

I have the above thermostat and have the Things and Items setup and visible but cannot change any settings. Basically want to set the cooling/heat temps and turn it on and off. If there is a good tutorial on this please post a link…looked around but don’t see how to bring it all together.

Two issues:

What do I need to change to display a data entry field and send the set temps? Guessing this is something in the Items setting… In the sitemap I used “Default item=HVAC_HeatSetPoint label=“Heat Set Temp””.

For the on/off switch I’m getting the below openhab.log message. Not sure what that value needs to be and how to change it. Guessing it needs a “0” sent back.

2018-02-01 07:54:47.778 [WARN ] [rest.core.internal.item.ItemResource] - Received 
 HTTP POST request at 'items/HVAC_Mode' with an invalid status value 'OFF'.

You need to tell it what sort of element you want to use to set the number. Usually, a Setpoint or a Slider are used.

See https://docs.openhab.org/configuration/sitemaps.html#element-types

Ah ok thx created a sitemap file and it’s kind of working now.

Still not updating the Thermostat when I change it from OH mobile or PC. On the Thermostat it says it’s setting to the temp I requested but then goes back to the original set temp. Not sure what’s up with that…