Google assistant reading a Lacrosse Temperature sensor

I have the google assistant connected successfully. E.g. blinds are closing and opening by asking google. Now I want to get the temperature of a room via the google assistant.
I added the meta data on the temperature sensor, but it is not working at all. I mainly struggle to figure out the right call and setting and what to ask google. To many things to just try it out ;-). I am using the GUI of openHab.

What is the right class to choose for the temperature sensor and what are the settings to get it running with google assistant?

I am running OH 4.1.1 on a raspberry Pi3 with google nest.

What you want is TemperatureSensor, not Thermostat or any of its attributes.

Thank you, that works now.

Do you have an idea how to setup a state of charge for a house battery. That would give a number of 0% to 100%. I tried that as well. I tried charger, in vain. Then I was looking for something dimmer like, also in vain.
Any idea how to get the battery state of charge accessible to google assistant?

If you can’t find anything in the documentation, then it’s not an option. If Google supports it in their API, you could submit a feature request in GitHub.

Personally, I only have OH devices exposed to Google Assistant if I want to control them by voice. For everything else I just use the OH user interfaces, which are much more flexible.

Interesting that google assistant treats the temperature sensor still as a part of a thermostat. Anyhow, it works.
Btw., I can use the HumiditySensor to get google assistant to speak the state of charge. It just treats it also as part of a thermostat. Sounds funny but I get the value I want.

Unless someone has a better work around.