Google Home help

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: _i7/16 GB RAM
    • Java Runtime Environment: Oracle 1.8.0_201
    • openHAB version:2.4
  • Issue of the topic: Google Home doesn’t work

I am trying to get a Z-Wave system up and running. I currently use a Vera Edge, but it is sometimes painfully slow when using Google Voice, so I bought a Aeotec USB stick. I have one Z-Wave switch added, and it functions, but I can’t get voice control to work. I tried using some of the documentation, but either it is out of date, or is missing something. I have added OpenHAB to my Google Home app, and it took it. I registered with the cloud connect service (MyOpenHab), but have no idea where to go from there.

I just got it to work! There is very limited info on ‘tagging’, so I was missing a tag in my item file. I changed it from:

Switch Upstairs_Hallway_Lights "Upstairs Hallway Switch" <switch> { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxe:node2:switch_binary" } 

to:

Switch Upstairs_Hallway_Lights "Upstairs Hallway Switch" <switch> [ "Switchable" ] { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxe:node2:switch_binary" } 

and added the OpenHAB thing to the Google Home, then it worked.

Sigh…now it’s broke again. keep getting a error from google home when I try to add OpenHab that the settings couldn’t be updated.