Google home not dividing items/ switches etc. into rooms

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1

• openHAB version: 2.5.9-1

Hi,

I relly hope you can help me on this one.

I have used a LOT of hours trying to fix this little problem, i have read the documentation, and looked at the forum, but unable to find this anyone else having this issue.

So i am new to Openhab, my configuration of the system is as follows.

I have a IHC system which is setup using Paper UI.
Using this binding.:
https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/ihc/

(I am unsure if i should set it up in the Things file)
All of the channels are found, and I can link them, using Paper UI.

They are also visible in the google home app.

My problem is that the different switches, dimmers etc. does not show up in the google home app divided into rooms - it shows up, but just as x amount of units not attached to a home.

As show in the example.

Can you help me on what to put into the different lines in my things file, or correct me if me problem is else were?

I have tried with (gGarage) written before the { channel…

An example from my things file looks like this:

//Garage

Switch Garage_Lys "Garage lys" <poweroutlet> [ "Lighting" ] { channel="ihc:controller:0bee19e8:output112987" }

Best regards, Michael.

In google home. you need to manually move the items to your own rooms/categories. OH2 will just send the items to your google home, but will not link them to any rooms, or homes.

I think you missed this part of the documentation under Item configuration. There’s no heading and no examples, so it doesn’t jump out.

To ease setting up new devices you can add a room hint: [ roomHint="Living Room" ] .

Here’s an example.

Switch Switch_Bedroom "Bedroom" <light> {channel="___", ga="Switch" [ roomHint="Bedroom" ]}