Google Home with myopenhab.org loading infinitely and doing nothing

I stopped using Google a while back and wasn’t sure if that could be a possible issue as there are some devices that can have only one connection. Thanks for the post, I will try to keep this info about google handy for later.:wink:

ok, will go for re-setup of myopenhab inside google home app. keep you posted

it’s getting weirder. so I removed the openhab connection inside google home and tried to add it again. I select openhab as vendor and the myopenhab webpage appears. I log in with my crendentials and then I allow the permissions that google is asking for. Myopenhab website says “Application Google is requesting access to your account for the following scope: Access to myopenHAB specific API for Google”. Once I click on ALLOW I’m back in the google home app and see “connecting openHAB” (German: wird mit openHAB Konto verknuepft) and then nothing has changed. openhab has not been added as a connection. I tried it now 5 times.

next update, sorry for spamming: I cleaned cache again and tried again in google home, now it worked.

PS: need a hint. I have some items that aren’t correctly initialized when restarting openhab. it does always require that I open and write the .items file (some using http binding, others mqtt). is this is known thing?

PPS: thanks for all who tried to help. unfortunately I have no clue what the issue was

Ahh so simple… :frowning:

Not to my knowledge…
What exactly do you mean with open and write the items file? If it´s because the item doesnt initialise, then use the mapdb and a rule to initialise on system start for the items involved.

I also always have to touch (open / save) my item files after restarting openHAB to have them properly created. This sucks.

I have now enabled mapdb persistence, this solved my problem with the items not being initialized

1 Like

As I mentioned in earlier post.:laughing: Sometimes you need to do it more than once and I have no idea why but when OH starts acting weird this has always seemed to fix it.

I must have missed it. Will do it multiple times in the future :slight_smile: