Google Home works with Chromecast binding

Are you just using the Home as a TTS device or is it working fully as a chromecast audio?

Mine was recognised by the binding but the Item is stuck on Initializing.

I think I am in a similar boat to you, Stephen. I can get an initial blip noise from my Google Home but the say command doesn’t work. Nothing else works after that.

I have voiceRSS api key entered, my Google Home as my default speaker, VoiceRSS Text to Speech Engine, VoiceRSS US English as the default voice, and Rule based Interpreter all set up.

Have you ever solved the issue? I am having same problem.

Please post your SetUP and the logentries you get while trying to get a Feedback. Are you using a rule or are you trying it from the Karaf-Console?
I’m using different audio-sink, including ChromeCast, and it is working with all of them.

I have the same issue, the playSound or TTS does not work through my mini google home. I can confirm that if I set the audio sink to web audio, it will play through my browser.

In addition, I can also play an mp3 through the Chromecast ‘play URI’ channel directly.

rule "TTS Test"
when
	Item TTS_TEST changed from OFF to ON
then
    playSound("doorbell.mp3")
end

Fixed. The chromecast binding settings callback url was wrong. Needed to be like - http://192.168.1.105:8080 . thanks to this thread for the tips Google Home Goes 'Offline' and audio sink doesn't work

1 Like

@Lolodomo Everything here is working perfectly. VoiceRSS works great and is triggering from rules to all of my Google Home Mini’s, but when audio is playing and is interrupted to say a command from openhab it does not return to the audio that was initially playing. From your reply it seems that you fixed it in Feb '17 but it is not working for me.

Can anyone tell me how to TTS to a specific google home mini? I want to be able to send different things to different minis

It’s not working for me too.

Solved - send it to the thing ID:

say("Testing 1, 2, 3","pollytts:Nicole","chromecast:chromecast:07xx2xxxxxxxxxx10c690434f532399bxxx")

Same here. Music does not resume when interrupted by a notification.

I cant get this to work: When I insert the device id I get an error.
I tried both with and without the double “chromecast:chromecast:…”
VoiceRSS work fine setting up the same device as default audio sink in the system settings.

2018-10-24 23:05:57.681 [WARN ] [core.voice.internal.VoiceManagerImpl] - Error saying 'Testing 1, 2, 3': No TTS service can be found for voice chromecast:255f3cf49521e13fa5f92fc38ae7ac51
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.voice.TTSException: No TTS service can be found for voice chromecast:255f3cf49521e13fa5f92fc38ae7ac51
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.voice.internal.VoiceManagerImpl.say(VoiceManagerImpl.java:203) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.actions.Voice.say(Voice.java:121) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.actions.Voice.say(Voice.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeOperation(XbaseInterpreter.java:1085) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeOperation(XbaseInterpreter.java:1060) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._invokeFeature(XbaseInterpreter.java:1046) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.invokeFeature(XbaseInterpreter.java:991) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.invokeFeature(ScriptInterpreter.java:143) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:901) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:864) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:223) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.doEvaluate(ScriptInterpreter.java:219) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:203) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:446) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.doEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:227) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.doEvaluate(ScriptInterpreter.java:219) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:203) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:189) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.runtime.internal.engine.ScriptImpl.execute(ScriptImpl.java:82) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl.lambda$2(RuleEngineImpl.java:345) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Correction of the above: When I use this Say line in a rule:

say("Der er bevægelse ved multisensor 6", "VoiceRSS", "chromecast:chromecast:255f3cf49521e13fa5f92fc38ae7ac51")

I get an error:

2018-10-24 23:26:42.605 [INFO ] [pse.smarthome.model.script.PIR ALARM] - ZWaveNode5ZW100MultiSensor6_MotionAlarm
2018-10-24 23:26:42.596 [WARN ] [core.voice.internal.VoiceManagerImpl] - Error saying 'Der er bevægelse ved multisensor 6': No TTS service can be found for voice VoiceRSS:Danish
org.eclipse.smarthome.core.voice.TTSException: No TTS service can be found for voice VoiceRSS:Danish
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.voice.internal.VoiceManagerImpl.say(VoiceManagerImpl.java:203) ~[?:?]

I believe the tag “VoiceRSS:Danish” isn´t correct. I also tried without :Danish, but then I get en error almost the same, but it say VoiceRSS:da
What tag is suppose to be inserted here?
I have setup the default language to danish and VoiceRSS as default Text-to-speech in the system configuration.

Here are my screens in PaperUI hope it helps - I dont use voicerss

(I have no item set up)

Rule
say(“Hey there”,“pollytts:Nicole”,“chromecast:chromecast:07ab22847dxxxxxx0c690434f532399b918”)

I have set the same in my setup. But I´m having problems using the rule, because I dont know how to define voicerss. I tried with voicerss:da - it gives an error. then i tried with voicerss:danish. It gives an error too. Then I tried with voicerss only, its gives an error too, as it default to voicerss:da
I also tried withtout setting voicerss in the rules, then I get an error telling me, if dosn´t know what audio sink to use.

So my problem is: How to set the syntacs in the rules, using voicerss.

I guess I have to try Polly insted.

Have you added your api key?

Thanks
Andrew

The correct syntax for a rule would be:

say(YourString, "voicerss:daDK, YourAudioSink)

You can find the corrrect Syntax for your voice on the karaf console by using : “smarthome:voice voices”

2 Likes

Ahh this is what I was looking for… Thanks alot… I would never have figured this one, thats for sure!!

1 Like

Thanks, that help me a lot! Even though it is documented here I overlooked that fact.

For those who are using Google’s voice API one full working syntax would be as follows

say("Hallo, wie geht's?","googletts:deDEStandardA","chromecast:chromecast:2c232e90a111111119c01d5059507602", new PercentType(100))

same here … no solution found until now