Google Nest Device Access Console now available

After a restart of my RPI, the service is working and everything is ok! Nice! Very happy.

hi all , i want to migrate from nest account to Google.is there a guide to setup my thermostat with openhab3.1 binding?

Are the new camera gen.2 (battery) also supported in this binding? Canā€™t seem to get it integrated in oh3

Update:
I now have the new gen.2 added as a thing, but it doesnā€™t update the channels for image or live stream urls. The only channels that receive data is the timestamp channels. Is it another trait for these new cameras, thatā€™s not supported by this binding?

Thanks for providing this fine binding, which I have configured in OH3.1 using SDM with pub/sub and it is working.
However, I have a problem with the state of my thermostat. If I turn the device to reduce the temperature in the room, then both current_mode and hvac_status channels seem to change to off. And if I increase both will become HEAT / heating.
This means I cannot identity if the thermostat has actually been turned to OFF in the main menu on the thermostat.

I had expected that current_mode would not change in case the thermostat call for heating or stops heating. My expectation is that current_mode would actually reflect the main menu selection on the termostat.

Hey, not sure how to update the nest binding docs on the openhab main docs. I discovered a small hole in the docs for the pubsub portion of the setup guide.

As per the google nest docs(Subscribe to Events Ā |Ā  Device Access Ā |Ā  Google Developers) in order to create the subscription ID, you need to run the following command in the gcode terminal:

gcloud pubsub subscriptions create {subscription-id} --topic=projects/sdm-prod/topics/enterprise-{ nest project-id}
Created subscription [projects/{gcp-project-name}/subscriptions/{subscription-id}].

This creates and links the subscription in google to the nest project properly so the sub/pub config works.

1 Like

Anyone got this working with the newer Nest cams?

This isnā€™t necessary if you first enable pub/sub in GDC. Google Cloud Platform . Afterwards, when saving the thing, the subscription ID is created.

really???i have to spent 3 hours and 5$ just to connect my thermostat to my Openhab???Google is trolling me for sure !!! :slight_smile:

Looking at the same thing now. Any responses?

i finally migrate from nest to google account ā€¦got SDM account up and running ,showing ā€œUsing periodic refresh and Pub/Subā€ under online status.I added my thermostat and linked my thermostat item nicely and everything works ok.Just one thing.When i command my thermostat from openhab the change is instant.When i change something from thermostat or nest app the change shows at my openhab with a 2-3 mins delay.Is that right?Is anyone else has the same issue?

I will see if thats the same for me.
I have to solve a different problem until then though:

[WARN ] [binding.nest.internal.sdm.api.SDMAPI] - SDM API error: Rate limited for the GetDevice API for the user.

Seems like for some reason my openhab is polling the pub/sub too many times, I usually get several of those messages in a row.
What triggers a channel update? I already went through my rules, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the culpritā€¦
Anybody else with those issues?

Infinall have the binding up and running with OH3.2 (somehow it was not working in the older releases for me). I have a nest hello doorcam and Iā€™m wondering: what did you guys do functionality? Are the any rules you can share? Iā€™m thinking about react on doorbell ring, image storage, face recognition, stream processing (btw how to access/store rtsp streams?). Would be great to do some reuse instead of inventing everything from scratchā€¦ thanks! M

Iā€™ve just updated to OH3.2, installed the Nest binding, set up my SDM account with periodic refresh and Pub/Sub. Itā€™s discovered my Nest Doorbell but none of the items are being updated (all are Null).

The GCP console isnā€™t showing any API traffic or subscriptions.

Based on a previous comment Iā€™ve restarting OH and itā€™s still not working. Any ideas to track down the issue?

Thanks!

Having a similar issue. I setup the registered SDM API ($5), set up Nest Binding but I am not discovering my Nest Thermostats.

question: is there a channel to show the AWAY/HOME info?i cant find it?

I have the same issue with the Google Nest Doorbell (Battery) on OH3.2. In my log I see an issue with the permission.

2022-02-05 21:23:07.834 [WARN ] [binding.nest.internal.sdm.api.SDMAPI] - SDM API error: Permission denied to sdm.devices.commands.CameraEventImage.GenerateImage.

I checked that I have given Google the necessary permission to the Doorbell.

Strange enough I get the correct timestamp of the chime as an event.

Anybody can help?

Just a follow up to this. Today working from home my doorbell rule triggered, which was quite a surprise.

I havenā€™t changed anything but it seems like it just started working for me.

@wborn I just wanted to check if this is on your radar? I received an email notification from google saying ā€œthe OAuth client will be blocked on Oct 3, 2022ā€

Thanks

Continuing the discussion from Google Nest Device Access Console now available:

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
Trying to configure for the first timeā€¦ everything seems fine until i get here: i need the token, i select all flags for my camera (named SoggiornoCam). What do i miss???
Thanks!

Any update on this thread?
Since updating to OH 3.4.0 M2, I can no longer authenticate successfully.