Google Nest Speaker status for Location Badge?

Hi there!
I have a number of Google Nest speakers around my house, linked to OpenHAB via the Chromecast extension.

I’d like the location card for the relevant room to show the speaker badge if they are playing.

I have it working for the amplifier in the dining room, where OpenHAB is using the power state of the device. But as the Nest speakers are linked via chromecast, they don’t have this channel.

I found a few clues in this post, but have been unable to get a working solution.

Any tips? Thanks in advance for your help! :grinning:

That’s a good idea.

The working Item has an Item tagged with what specifically? This is driven by the semantic model so the solution for the CCs will need to follow that.

There isn’t a Power channel for the CCs but there is an Idling Switch Channel that is ON when the CC isn’t doing anything. You could use a transform profile to flip the ON to OFF and link that to a switch Item with the same semantic tags as you used for the amp.

That should do the trick. When I get a chance I might try this myself.

2 Likes

Great idea, @rlkoshak!
I’m new to OpenHAB… but I stumbled across the transform profile settings this afternoon and after installing the MAP transformation add-on I got your idea to work perfectly!

If anyone else is new to this, this post on inverting switches was also helpful!

Thanks for the tip! <3