Govee HygrometerMonitor setup

I’m running openHAB on Windows 10. In UI, I successfully installed Bluetooth Binding with BlueGiga Bluetooth Dongle as bridge.

If I manually add a Govee HygrometerMonitor (H5101), I get a communication error and the device is set to OFFLINE. All of the expected channels (e.g. temperature, humidity) are visible on the Things tab, but of course the data are null.

21:50:38.735 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘bluetooth:goveeHygrometerMonitor:3890b1344d:e442007600’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Service discovery timeout to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
21:50:42.789 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘bluetooth:goveeHygrometerMonitor:3890b1344d:e442007600’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to OFFLINE: Device is not connected.

Alternately, if I set Background Discovery on the bridge to True, the device appears in my Inbox. After adding it as a Thing, the new Thing appears with status ONLINE, but the only channel available is RSSI (which I can successfully link to an item and receive a value for). The thing type is bluetooth:beacon, where I would expect it to be bluetooth:goveeHygrometerMonitor.

How can I make this work?

1 Like

Hello,

Not sure about the difference between the H5101 and the H5102 but note that Theengs Gateway can support the H5101 on Windows (or Unix) and I will be happy to add the H5102 if it is not compatible.

It will publish the data to an MQTT broker. If you are still interested we can go through this.