GPIO Binding - Issues w/ multiple alerts

Hello, Long time lurker here getting serious about existing OpenHAB 3.1 installations.

I have a Raspberry Pi (192.168.2.253) connected to a number of switch sensors connected to the GPIO pins. I also have Open HAB located on a different Ubuntu machine (192.168.1.254).

I have pigpiod running on the Pi, and I have piscope (used to watch pigpiod) on the same machine.

One device I have is a PIR sensor with a relay out. When I watch the piscope, I see a very clean transition from high to low for a minimum of 3 seconds (it can never be less) but if PIR detection occurs during this time the state does not change. So this is a very clean high to low and later back to high.

However, my OpenHAB is not so consistent. The state is not clear from the Item and may show ON or OFF and may not change state. In the OpenHAB event logs, I see this:

2021-07-14 14:24:34.507 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlarmGPIO_LivingRoomMotion' changed from OFF to ON
2021-07-14 14:24:34.522 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlarmGPIO_LivingRoomMotion' changed from ON to OFF
2021-07-14 14:24:34.522 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlarmGPIO_LivingRoomMotion' changed from OFF to ON
2021-07-14 14:24:42.922 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlarmGPIO_LivingRoomMotion' changed from ON to OFF
2021-07-14 14:24:42.926 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlarmGPIO_LivingRoomMotion' changed from OFF to ON
2021-07-14 14:24:42.927 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'AlarmGPIO_LivingRoomMotion' changed from ON to OFF

There are times when these events are not in pairs of 3, and this is where the status becomes not correct (until another PIR occurrence).

Here is my Thing definition:

UID: gpio:pigpio-remote:a2a91376bc
label: Alarm GPIO
thingTypeUID: gpio:pigpio-remote
configuration:
  host: 192.168.2.253
  port: 8888
channels:
  - id: living_motion
    channelTypeUID: gpio:pigpio-digital-input
    label: Living Room Motion
    description: ""
    configuration:
      debouncingTime: 50
      pullupdown: DOWN
      gpioId: 26
      invert: true
  - id: second_br_windows
    channelTypeUID: gpio:pigpio-digital-input
    label: Second Bedroom Windows
    description: ""
    configuration:
      debouncingTime: 50
      pullupdown: DOWN
      gpioId: 19
      invert: true

In doing some research, I am wondering if OpenHAB binding is receiving edge detection (high, going low, low) events from pigpio, but because there isn’t debug info, I cannot tell.

I have played with the debounce settings to no avail as it seems the implementation has a logic flaw (imho).

Has anyone else seen this?