Grafana: show every value from a item group in the graph

Hello everybody,

I have 20 items in my item file that store temperatures from 20 different sensors. Each of them is assigned to the group “gTemperature”:

Group gTemperature

Number sensor_01_temperature "Temperatur [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (gTemperature) { channel="mqtt:topic:mySecureBrokersensor_01:Temperature" }

Now I want to visualize them on the same Grafana graph but without having to chose them one by one, is there any method to realize this?

my influxdb.persist:

Strategies {
  everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
  everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
  everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"

default = everyChange

}
Items {
  gTemperature*   : strategy = everyChange, everyMinute
  gTemperature    : strategy = everyChange, everyMinute
}

I created the gTemperature item after I’ve read a thread where someone with a similar problem thought that would be the solution (but it wasn’t) as the gTemperature has not been created in the influxdb database as he thought and therefor it could not be chosen in Grafana.

Grafana is a third party product that knows nothing about openHAB. It doesn’t know what an Item is. It doesn’t know what a Group is. It probably doesn’t even know that openHAB exists as a product. So the short answer is no, there is no method to achieve this unless Grafana somehow provides some generic way to specify fields in the database in bulk.

Note, the Group gTemperature never gets stored in the database so from Grafana’s perspective, it doesn’t exist.