Grohe Sense Ondus Binding?

I’m concidering to buy a GROHE Sense watersensor. Together with the Grohe Ondus App it promises to track temperature and send alarm push notifications when detecting water. Is anyone aware of a binding which would support this sensor in OH2?
Link: https://www.grohe.de/de_de/smarthome/grohe-sense

No, and I doubt there will ever be one.
But there’s a couple of alternatives such as the Fibaro FGFS flood sensor. That one uses ZWave, so it’s easily integrated in OH.

I think this product uses a ti cc chip or a ESP! It has to have an integrated server that sends http messages over wi-fi! Using wire shark you can capture those and then probably you can use one of the generic bindings in openHAB (http, TCP/IP, or mqtt) to link items to the device.
It’s not impossible, for sure!

Thanks for the idea to use wireshark. Maybe it’s time to gather some experience with this tool.
But for now I switched to the sensor from d-link http://www.dlink.com/de/de/products/dch-s160-mydlink-home-water-sensor , hoping I can use or adapt the existing binding for d-link (even though it’s currently listed as being compatible to only the motion-sensor).

I am also interested in GROHE sense.

/mike

So, together with a friend, who buyed the sense guard, I looked at the app and implemented a consumer of the underlying REST api for java. Out of that, we built a binding for openHAB, which covers the most basic operations for now. You can find the pull request on github. Feedback would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m renovating my house and always progressively prefering OpenHAB compatible hardware, so I’m really glad to see you’ve had a go at a binding for this Grohe gear.

1 Like

Hi Florian

Just tried your binding with a SENSE device and I get this:

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-09-08 18:20:37.871 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.initialize()' on 'org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusApplianceHandler@42f78543': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusApplianceHandler.getPollingInterval(GroheOndusApplianceHandler.java:120) [253:org.openhab.binding.groheondus:2.4.0.201809071759]
	at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusApplianceHandler.initialize(GroheOndusApplianceHandler.java:75) [253:org.openhab.binding.groheondus:2.4.0.201809071759]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M2]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2018-09-08 18:20:37.880 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'groheondus:appliance:c4a2ccb4-0906-4470-b021-c8ee0ace85e7' changed from INITIALIZING to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR)
==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-09-08 18:20:37.881 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'groheondus:appliance:c4a2ccb4-0906-4470-b021-c8ee0ace85e7': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusApplianceHandler.getPollingInterval(GroheOndusApplianceHandler.java:120) [253:org.openhab.binding.groheondus:2.4.0.201809071759]
	at org.openhab.binding.groheondus.internal.handler.GroheOndusApplianceHandler.initialize(GroheOndusApplianceHandler.java:75) [253:org.openhab.binding.groheondus:2.4.0.201809071759]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M2]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [94:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M2]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

The Thing remains uninitialized and there is no channel for flood/water

I would be happy to send you the device for testing

Vincent

Hi all!

Thanks for testing this binding with a SENSE device, unfortunately it seems to does not work out of the box :frowning: @vzorglub already created an issue in github and I answered there:

For the initialization error see this issue:

Best,
Florian

Hi there,
is the binding working ?
I have troubles and created Issues:

[groheondus] adding Sense Guard - remains Uninitialized

[groheondus] Installation failed with 404 when using username / password

Really really want to have that water-flow in openhab, because my motion sensors cannot see in my shower :smiley:
best regards
PhiL

Hi @papaPhiL,

sorry that I didn’t answe faster here, it were some busy days :slight_smile:

I looked into your issues and commented there, would be great if you could take a look and respond there as well, so we can move forward and see what we can improve here :slight_smile:

Best,
Florian

Hi Florian, did you been successful to connect to OpenTable the Grohe sense? I want to buy one.

Saw that it is now compatible to Telekom Smart Home. But how this works I did not know.

Thx