Group data not persisted

I’m currently in the process of switching from version 2.4 to 3.2.
openHAB is running in a docker container and using JDBC (mariaDB) as persistence.

I found a tutorial how to “setup” the persistence of items by just creating a group item and adding this to the persistence file. I added some items to this group as well as some group items.

Persisting the data seems to work for the “simple” items but not for group items.
I would like to get the included group items persisted as well (they have some aggregation functions).

Is this even possible? Or do I have to create a rule, sum up the group items values and push the sum to another “dummy” item which gets persisted?
What is a little bit disturbing is, that 3 values of such a group item got persisted at the beginning but not after some time. So I don’t know if I have to specify them differently in the persistence file?

You have to name Groups specifically in your xxx.persist files.
Including them in a ‘parent’ Group and specifying the parent with an * asterisk will “persist all the members” (but not the group), and that also means all the members (but not the group) of any “nested” child groups.

1 Like

Thx for the tip. I needed another restart of openHAB to get it finally working, though.