Group-Handling with blockly

So, regarding my Bugfix-Pullrequest, which I think we should get out of the door soon, can you guys tell me what (or if) I should change because I am really not sure what is expected now from me. I would really like to have that fixed in a fail safe way so our users do not run into issues (by sacrificing a bit of a code generation elegance). I am not hesitating to change something for a better paradigm in the future but I think we shouldn’t do that for a bug fix.

The other topic I like to be decided in general if we favor blockly-user-fail-safeness over code-generation complexity or do we see blockly’s code generation as a “perfect example” for people how to write openHAB Javascript code? My opinion is that we should of course write very good blockly code but code that is being generated will always be worse than can code written by humans nor is it intended to be (and that IMHO is a general statement for code generation without becoming too philosophical about it :wink: ) .

The main reason I favour fail-safeness of usage to me is what Rich already said: it will reduce a lot of our time in guiding the people what and what not do to to avoid errors as 90% of at least my target user group are not developers (besides the effort I currently put into documentation).

The other reason why I like this to be merged soon is that I have a couple of other changes waiting and due to my git-incompetence I do not like to work at two things at the same time…