Group Switch OR Logic on OFFLINE Items

I have 2 Hue Bridges that have Hue Motion sensors on each. I have 2 motion sensors in each room tied to each Hue Bridge.

I use a group to tie them together for rules.

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) gKitchenMotion “Kitchen Motion [%s]”

Event Log:
‘hue:0107:1:139’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) - Motion Sensor 1 (bridge one)
‘hue:0107:2:141’ - Motion Sensor 2 (bridge two)

When a motion sensor goes OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) in a group, does that group logic fail with ON/OFF?

The reason I believe it invalidates Group Switches, sometimes the rule doesn’t fire because the group switch doesn’t trigger to ON. It’s very rare for both bridges to cycle at the exact same time.

Best, Jay

Don’t mix up Item events/states and Thing states.

The Group never sees OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE). Thats a Thing status. The Group only sees Item states.

So the question is when the Thing goes OFFLINE, what happens to the Items linked to that Thing? Do they keep their state, change to UNDEF, change to NULL?

Yeah, that is exactly what I was trying to say/asking. What I found out by putting a bunch of logging around bridges going offline is, APIv1 for HUE can NOT handle the volume of devices even when I doubled time between the polling intervals on them.

What I saw was my two HUE bridges cycling (OFFLINE: @text/offline.bridge-connection-lost) a lot which is really the bigger problem at hand. Having over 91 HUE devices across two HUE bridges does NOT work well with the HUE APIv1.

I spent 3+ hours converting everything to HUE APIv2 and the Bridge cycling stopped and the HUE motion sensors are much quicker reacting now.

Should of done this back on OH3.x

Best, Jay