Running OH2.2 stable on Rpi3
I’m currently redesigning my sitemaps and found out that using groups is great.
But for some reason my group isn’t working:
Group:Number:AVG gTemperatureSensors "Raumtemperatur [%.1f °C]" <temperature>
The items that are part of this group are all created using PaperUI:
All of the items show up on my sitemap:
However, the AVG value is never shown even if the included items all report values (it shows - °C)
I’ve checked if i accidentally defined the same group elswhere - negative
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a known issue?
It seems to be a problem with the item defined in PaperUI.
I checked with #1151.
Define at least 1 of the item in a .items-file and it works.
thanks for the fast reply.
Could you give me a link to that issue? I can’t find it on GitHub.
I will try the workaround tomorrow
Hi all, have you found a solution for this? I have again and again the same issue with the average of my roller shutters … To implement work arounds should not be the final solution
Opps, i’ve totally forgot this thread.
Since all my items are not defined within .items files, everything is working.
For me this isn’t a workaround. I’d like to have more control over my item definitions and therefore i’m happy with using the items files.
Especially during setting up the system it is way faster to change the item definitions directly within files instead of changing them through PaperUI
After testing a little bit today I found following:
when a group item is defined in a separate items file as the referencing items self AND the group item is changed, the connection from items to group item gone lost and the average is shown as -%.
when the basic items are updated then again (I shortly removed them and added them again), the group is calculated correctly.
I assume that this is also self healing when openHAB has been restarted … (but I mean the group items file has to be loaded for this before the basic items.
Thanks nevertheless for your answer … It forced me to make some further tests