HABDroid doesn't show chart when placed inside "sub"-frame

My sitemap looks like that:

>   Frame label="Outer Frame" visibility=[OuterSwitch==0, OuterSwitch=="NULL"]{
>   Frame label="Inner Frame" visibility=[InnerSwitch==0, InnerSwitch=="NULL"] { 
>         Chart item=Value1a period=D refresh=300000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==0, PeriodSwitch=="NULL"] 
>         Chart item=Value1a period=W refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==1]
>         Chart item=Value1a period=M refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==2]
}  
>    Frame label="Inner Frame" visibility=[InnerSwitch==1] { 
>         Chart item=Value2a period=D refresh=300000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==0, PeriodSwitch=="NULL"] 
>         Chart item=Value2a period=W refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==1]
>         Chart item=Value2a period=M refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==2]
}  
>    Frame label="Inner Frame" visibility=[InnerSwitch==2] { 
>         Chart item=Value3a period=D refresh=300000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==0, PeriodSwitch=="NULL"] 
>         Chart item=Value3a period=W refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==1]
>         Chart item=Value3a period=M refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==2]
}  
>      }
>  Frame label="Outer Frame" visibility=[OuterSwitch==1]{
>     Frame label="Inner Frame" visibility=[InnerSwitch==0, InnerSwitch=="NULL"] { 
>         Chart item=Value1b period=D refresh=300000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==0, PeriodSwitch=="NULL"] 
>         Chart item=Value1b period=W refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==1]
>         Chart item=Value1b period=M refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==2]
}  
>    Frame label="Inner Frame" visibility=[InnerSwitch==1] { 
>         Chart item=Value2b period=D refresh=300000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==0, PeriodSwitch=="NULL"] 
>         Chart item=Value2b period=W refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==1]
>         Chart item=Value2b period=M refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==2]
}  
>    Frame label="Inner Frame" visibility=[InnerSwitch==2] { 
>         Chart item=Value3b period=D refresh=300000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==0, PeriodSwitch=="NULL"] 
>         Chart item=Value3b period=W refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==1]
>         Chart item=Value3b period=M refresh=600000 visibility=[PeriodSwitch==2]
}  
>      }

Iā€™m using all tree visibility switches (which are also shown on the sitemap) to select which chart is displayed.

This setup works on ClassicUI and BasicUI, however on HABDroid only the labels ā€œOuterFrameā€ and ā€œInnerFrameā€ are displayed. Am I missing something?

BTW: If anaybodyhas a better setup with the same functionality, Iā€™d be happy to get a hint.

Iā€™m using the InfluxDB+Grafana with image tags instead of Charts and it works week across the board.

Thanks for pointing into that direction. However I selected rrd4j because of its non growing feature.
Isnā€™t that a bug of HABDroid, since the BASICUI and ClassicUI do show the charts?

I actually did the math and saving every value of the items I chart for ever adds up to a couple of megabytes a year. My email grows faster than that, so the ability to have highly customizable and attractive charts is worth a little extra storage. And at the current growth rate I can run fur decades before I run out of room.

And InfluxDB has the ability to delete stuff as it gets older.
Iā€™m probably going to drop rrd4j entirely before too long. I only have two items left that Iā€™m using it for.

You asked for alternatives so I brought it up.

As for the existing chart element, someone else posted that the latest build is causing problems like this.

1 Like

Point taken!
Plan for the weekend: Look into InfluxDB.

I figured another way which allows me to use just the chart switch to show the different charts, no need for the ā€œsubā€-frames.

As far InfluxDB, I got it working, looking into Grafana now. Thanks