HABmin Question Regarding openHAB 1.8.3

The openHAB 1.8.3 and latest z-wave binding (from Cloudless) has fixed my problem with the HABmin product explorer not loading, etc. However, I installed two new z-wave devices while this problem existed in 1.8.2, and now those devices are not mapped to their correct product in the product explorer (i.e., they are generic without configuration parameters). Not sure I’m describing this correctly, so hopefully that’s clear enough.

Question is, is there a way for me to map these devices to their correct database entry so that I can configure them in HABmin? Sorry again if that’s not clear.

You can’t change database mapping - this is automatic. If the device is not linking to a database, and you’re getting an ‘unknown device’ message, then it means that the device isn’t in the database and we should update the database, and then the binding…

You are correct. This is the case. The device in question is Aeotec (Aeon Labs) ZW089-A (the US version). The database contains ZW089 and ZW089-B (Australian version I think?), but does not list my particular version which, I believe, should be identical to what’s listed for ZW089. Versions -A (US), -B (Australia?), and -C (Europe) differ only by region and associated frequencies (I think).

Regional versions are the same, so the database doesn’t have different entries for the different regions to avoid a maintenance nightmare…

Can you provide the text that is printed in HABmin - it should give some numbers like 1234:5678…

Here is a screen grab from one of the ZW089’s. The other is exactly the same. Is this what you need?

Also, if I look in /var/lib/openhab/zwave on my Raspberry Pi, there is no xml file for these nodes. Don’t know if that matters.

So it looks like the device hasn’t initialised (grey ‘dot’ and UNKNOWN information). You should wake up the device manually with it reasonably close to the controller, with HABmin running, and see if this changes…

That did it. Working now. Thank you very much!

Great - thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:.