Habmin "Remove Device From Controller"

I have a couple of questions regarding ZWave Exclusion Process. Since i have some network and configuration problems with the nodes, i am trying to exclude all my nodes, reset the controller and include them all again.

• In Habmin2, “Remove Device From Controller” is the same as “Exclude Device”?
  • Does “Remove Device From Controller” requires any node to be “Set Device as Failed” first, because it can’t now.
  • Does excluding a node also resets the zwave module automatically or it just excludes from the controller?

No - they are different (see below…)

Yes, but note that this will not work if the devices are still working. These options are there to remove devices that don’t exist any more.[quote=“febz11, post:1, topic:29866”]
Does excluding a node also resets the zwave module automatically or it just excludes from the controller?
[/quote]

Yes, generally it does (there may be some exceptions, but this is true for most devices).

1 Like

this points was also not clear for me, thx for info.
@chris
in this context i have also some questions.

what is “synchronize network” exactly ?

and on some nodes there is “reinitialise the device” and on some nodes is missing, can you explain ?

This is a low level network sync - it is only used (or only does anything) if there are multiple controllers in the network and the openhab controller is not the master (this probably doesn’t include very many people).

If a node hasn’t finished initialising, then this option is not displayed.

1 Like

thx for clearing.