Habmin vs. habpanel

Hi all,

I searched around a bit in the forum but couldn’t find any specific details. What are the different use cases for Habmin versus Habpanel? I find that the graphs in the habmin are way more good looking and it seems to be easier to format, whereas the habpanel is more user interactive for controlling things… so a combination of both would be the best for the everyday use I would suggest :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hambin is largely abandoned and is mainly used by those running the Zwave binding to gain access to more detailed information and configuration settings for Zwave devices. And Habmin was an all-in-one UI built mostly for administrators but also with some home automation user facing stuff. As such, Habmin is more like PaperUI than it is like HABPanel. Habmin will not be available on OH 3.

HABPanel is a home automation user facing UI only. This is where you, as the developer of your home automation, create the interface that you and your family and guests to the home use to operate the home. HABPanel will continue to be available and supported on OH 3.

If you are not happy with the charts available in HABPanel, see InfluxDB+Grafana persistence and graphing.

1 Like

Hey Rich thanks for the quick and comprehensive answer, that was the bit which was missing in my brain :wink: :slight_smile:

I need to give the grafana and habpanel a try again as it did not work for me in the past because it didn’t update the graphs as I wanted to. Atm I am anyways fighting the 2.5.3-1 update but that’s another story :wink:

Cheers, btw is there any donation possible to the openhab foundation?

If you are in Germany, it’s tax deductible.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.