HABPanel configuration lost (probably during OH3 migration)

I had upgraded to OH3 about half a year ago, currently I am running 3.2.0M3. Somewhere along the way I noticed, that my HABPanel was empty. After looking around a bit, it seems that with OH2.5 there was a configuration file under userdata/config/org/openhab/habpanel.config. However the HABPanel frontend does not offer to use that configuration. I tried to use the import functionality, but couldn’t get it to work. Playing around with a new minimal configuration showed, that OH3 saves its HABPanel configuration under userdata/jsondb/uicomponents_habpanel_panelconfig.json, so obviously something changed with respect to the persistence of this information.

Is there a way to reuse the OH2.5 HABPanel configuration for OH3 or do I need to re-enter everything?

Hi Martin,

Short answer is Yes, but I had to have OH 2.x running and go into Habpanel configuraton and do an export of the panel. Then go into OH 3.x Habpanel configuraton and import the OH 2.x panel. I found all this out by a few posts on this forum.

I tried moving/renaming habpanel.config to uicomponents_habpanel_panelconfig.json as my first attempt but that didn’t work for me.

Best, Jay

Hi Jay,

thanks for your quick reply. Probably I will reconfigure HABPanel from scratch, as I don’t want to restart OH 2.5. I tried fiddling around with the JSON data as well, but I had the impression, that the format has slightly changed and couldn’t get it to work.

Best Regards

Martin

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.