Habpanel with default panel

In Habpanel I would like to set a default panel, so when opening habpanel with a “new” browser it loads that panel, without aksing for configuration, just like the Demo Server.
http://demo.openhab.org:8080/habpanel/index.html#/

1 Like

You can set default configuration for the set of dashboard.
However, if it comes to instant redirection to specific dashboard, then as far as I know there’s no feature like this. It should be easy to implement, though.
Would you mind submitting an issue in HABPanel’s github? Thanks

I believe this is what I need. I just want to got to my stored dashboards instead “welcome to dashboard” screen after cleaning my browser history.

How can I configure this?
Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Exact the same thing that I also need to know. I want to build a Panel, that is always opened b HABpanel, as I only need this panel only and I want to be able to load it from several devices.

How can this default Panel be set up?

And, as a second question here: How can the “code” of my panel be saved? E.g. for using it with git repository?

In OH2 follow that steps :

• In Habpanel : Edit dashboard -> Advanced settings -> “Save the current configuration to a new panel configuration” with the name you want, ex: demo
  • In Paper ui : Configuration->Services-> UI Habpanel Configure

Fill the “Initial panel configuration” with the name in Habpanel.
    When you open Habpanel, the default panel will be set with the name panel you save.
    BR
2 Likes

This doesn’t work for me. Or rather: to which url should I go? I have pine64 as host, so I go to http://openhabianpine64:8080 This shows the three tiles of paper ui, habmin and habpanel. Clicking habpanel gives the welcome screen without the desired and configured default. :confused:

Default is nothing in habpanel, you must edit your habpanel and create something, ex: add new dashboard …
Edit follow this way :

• In habpanel, click Edit dashboards button to edit (located in the upper right corner)
  • Create something with you want
  • Then, click Edit dashboards button again, you will see Advanced settings. And follow :

Thanks. I was mixing up ‘panel’ and ‘dashboard’. Now the Initial panel configuration is set correctly I can default to the dashboard I want by storing it from safari on my iOS device as ‘show on home screen’. Nice.

PMFJI: I do face a similar problem. I now have my Raspi-Client/Server and another Raspi just as a client. I autostart chromium on both devices and have a server based Panel configuration calles EG_Licht that should be loaded in chromium on start up. “EG_Licht” is configured in Paper UI as the initial panel configuration. But whatever link I try, I always get the standard “New Dashoard” page. When I go the advanced settings, the local storage is activated, but under “Panel configuration” “EG_Licht” is already present. When I switch to this configuration I get the notice that this will override my local configuration. I can then use this configuration until I have to reboot the device. Then everything is the same again. I would really like to always get my server based configuration.

I would like the HabPanel to also return to that dashboard if there is no activity on that browser. So it will return to the “main” page

I don’t know how you’d work out the “time out”, but you could look at this option at the very bottom of the HabPanel settings page…

" Switch dashboard with item value

When this item changes to a dashboard’s name, switch to it:"

All you need is this

<script type="text/javascript">
    var t;
    window.onload = resetTimer;
    document.onmouseup = resetTimer;
    document.onkeypress = resetTimer;

function reloadpage() {
        location.href = 'index.html'
    }

function resetTimer() {
        clearTimeout(t);
        t = setTimeout(relaodpage, 1000000)
        // 1000 milisec = 1 sec
};

I’m using Openhabian latest release.

At this point I’m not trying to get the timeout working, I just want a default dashboard to show up with a few switches when I activate habpanel.

I have a panel with a few dashboards.

I’d like one of those dashboards to be the default that is presented when I go to the habpanel url.

I have tried setting the “Initial panel configuration” in Paperui to the name of the current panel and when I go to the url it just lists the dashboards I’ve created (including the one I want to be the default).

I’m confused…which is nothing new. :smirk:

Edit: I figured it out, the url has to be to the dashboard, not just the panel.
for example: :8080/habpanel/index.html#/view/

Were does one put this java?

javascript should be implemented in the habpanel code. Not sure where it is located on the file system. I proposed it as a future request/idea.

I am a fan of keeping such settings inside manual files. Unfort. the services folder does not contain a template for Habpanel …

How should this be done in a settings file?

thx