HABPanel - Yet another implementation of a no-frills dashboard

Really nice work because it is so flexible.
I agree with Kai that it would be nice to share a layout to the server :slight_smile:

One bug with sliders: if I move it to 0, the item receives command ‘’ (empty string) and not a 0. Or Is it only me?

It’s not just you. I fixed it. Thanks for pointing this out.

I just started using HABpanel and am really impressed with the simplicitiy of usage and the nice clean UI.
However, when I add a switch, using iOS , I noticed that the dropdown for selecting the OpenHAB item actually selects the next item in the list. Upon selecting an item again, it is then correctly selected.

Fantastic job, well done!

This is fantastic! Is it too early to for a “share your HABPanel setup!” type posts? Because I would love to see what everyone else has going on.

Sure, why not:

As you see I’ve got basic backdrop icon support in progress, and I made an alternative style for the slider for thermostats etc.

(By the way, if you watch the Mr. Robot series, you’re right if you think it’s a ripoff of the gorgeous thermostat slider seen in the season premiere a few weeks ago :stuck_out_tongue: I actually started working on this project after watching this episode.)

Icons are difficult to get right, that’s why it’s not pushed to GitHub already (hang on a bit). I’d like to use openHAB 2’s icon set support whenever possible, but still have a fallback solution for retro-compatibility with OH1. I’ll probably end up adding a few built-in icon sets, mainly for backdrops. The icon picker in the settings dialogs is still a bit rough too.

As for more important stuff: server-side storage - I haven’t made up my mind on a generic way of doing this yet, but I like the UIMap solution in the Eclipse SmartHome thread linked above by Kai for openHAB 2 . I’ll try to come up with practical suggestions and feedback in the next few days.

5 Likes

Alright, I merged my local icons branch and pushed to GitHub.
It’s somewhat experimental, so here are a few things to know:

• The icon sets descriptions are in assets/icons;
  • The Eclipse SmartHome Classic iconset will only work if you’re using openHAB 2 (obviously) - since there is no way to enumerate icons with the API (yet), I built a eclipse-smarthome-classic.list.json file manually. If you add custom icons to this set (or another one, for that matter) and want to see them in the icon picker, you’ll have to add their names to this file yourself;
  • The list of icon sets is currently hardcoded in app/services/icon.service.js;
  • If you use an Eclipse SmartHome icon that supports different states (e.g. “dimmablelight”, “slider” etc.), it will reflect the value of the underlying item.

2 Likes

Good work, love the addition of icons!

EDIT: any plans for icons for the button widget?

Cheers,
Mike

Further to my last message, it would be really cool if there was a widget that had 3 buttons with configurable commands (per button) to deal with items like blinds or windows. Currently I am using 3 buttons and a label to send the commands but this uses more screen real estate than should be necessary.

EDIT: with icons please !! :slight_smile:

EDIT 2: Just to add to my message above, in the house I am building at present I have multiple window actuators and blind motors to control for each of the main rooms. I am planning to have a dashboard per room and want to have both individual and group control, hence the need for the widget to be sized smaller than what you can do with individual widgets as per the screen above

Exactly what I looked for. Great Work! I have two question from a beginner:

How can I round to 4 digits whitout any digits behind the point?

Same Item in Standard UI is fine:

And the second question: How can I move the dashboard from my laptop (OSX) to my RPi?

Having problems with HABPanel. When I originally set it up I was out of town, connected to my home computer by VPN. I had it all set up on my Ipad and every thing was working great. When I got home the menu I created was gone and it was going to the blank setup screen. Is there a way to recover it?

I suppose your browser didn’t find the local storage back, another hostname or IP when you’re on the VPN? Or you erased website data, I reckon it’s in Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data on iOS, you should find you openHAB server there.

Connect to your VPN again and hope you get it back, then use the link in the bottom-right corner of the main menu (in Edit mode), copy-paste the “raw configuration object” elsewhere, in a mail to yourself for instance, and restore it using the same dialog box.

That’s a known bug/limitation, i’ll work on that soon.

For the other question, use the configuration copy-paste technique, see above.

ysc,
Thanks for your help. I was unable to retrieve my previous HABPanel but I was able to recreate it rather quickly and then backed it up as you suggested.

I get an error when I try to insert my json objects into my iphone

Configuration parsing error, nothing has been modified: ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: PersistenceService

Confirmed and fixed.
Please try again using the latest revision. Sorry for that. Also this dialog box has serious freezing problems, I haven’t tested it in a while… I’ll have to look into it.

This is getting better and better with each update. Thank you!

When running through safari and the frameless iOS app when I drag my finger scroll down on the screen I get the iPad rubber banding scroll effect.

At some point any chance of preventing the webpage from scrolling so it appears and behaves as a single page app?

I see. I’ll have to borrow an iPad to test that, so no ETA yet… Please open an issue on GitHub so you can be notified as soon as a fix is available.

I just installed it, and it does look great, but I guess it’s been a long day. I tried to add a switch for my projector, and the only command it sends is on. What am i missing?

strange, a switch for my receiver works fine, the projector just turns on even though the same button does both.