HABPanel - Yet another implementation of a no-frills dashboard

That really looks nice!
How are you controlling Spotify?

With a Yamaha receiver and openHABā€™s yamahareceiver binding!

Hmmmā€¦ another conundrum for me then.
Iā€™d like to get the Spotify integration working, but currently run and old android to box as a Spotify box - managing it over Spotify connect.
I have 3 Onkyo AV receivers with spotify on board, but I want to be able to distribute my audio to all of them at once.
Sadly, having an AV receiver act as the first port of call requires that unit to always be on when playing my audio.
Iā€™ll have a play with the Onkyo binding and see if I can get much out of the Spotify interface on there.
Thanks

hi, very nice UI. I have 2 questions :slight_smile:

• is it written somewhere, how to migrate from the experimental plugin (installed via panelUI) to snapshots ? I have read somewhere something about some conf/html (that does not exist on my OH 2 beta 4) That seems to be the way to try to modify(add) some widgets, right ? (I need a custom slider to send non-numerical commands, it seems doable with angular-slider wich is beeing used)

• more about the ui : why is it not possible to have widgets on the first panel ? is it planned ? I find the ā€œwelcome screenā€ ā€¦ not very welcoming the way it is, if i could I would add some widgets like meteo on first screen, then details on sub-dashboards. one way would be to declare dashboards AS widgets . It would then also allow more than the 2 levels screens (which I could make use of)

Hi,

great UI! Thanksā€¦

One Question, is it possoble to combine 2 sliders, in order to change two or more heatings to the same value within one slider?

Thanks

You must not use the former ā€œPanel UIā€ anymore. You should use openHAB 2.0 beta 4 or later and add experimental features & remote repositories in Paper UI (Configuration > System > Extension Management) then install the extension in Extensions > User Interfaces.
If you have a Panel UI configuration youā€™d like to migrate you go to Configuration > Services and copy-paste the entire JSON from one to the other, this should work (there is a little bug with the size of the text area, youā€™ll have to grab the handle to resize it).

No, it will eventually be possible to have some dynamic info on the dashboard tiles but it is not planned to add regular widgets there.

Not with the UI itself, but I guess you could use a separate item and a rule to achieve this.

ok sorry, I was meaning paper UI not panel. I did install via experimental features, however this does not provide snapshots right ? and this does not allow to modify or add some widgets codes ?

I believe it auto updates and if I remember correctly, the current version has the template widget, which is what youā€™re looking for.

I, maybe template widget is what I need, but I dont get where to put the javascript needed for angular slider (I dont know angularjs -yet, so it might be a dumb question ā€¦ sorry :blush: )

for example, say I want to build a slider with alphabet (from the examples )

EDIT : got it that way, now Iā€™ll try to get further and send commandsā€¦

<div>
<rzslider rz-slider-model="e"
          rz-slider-options="{stepsArray: 'off,horsgel,eco,confort'.split(',') }">
</rzslider>
</div>

Hey there -

just installed via openhab2 paper-ui. But how can I update to the newest snapshots?

IĀ“ve seen a commit to the GitHub repository last night - but how can I update my instance?

Greetings dominic

Easiest is to uninstall it again from paper ui and clone the git repo directly into the static folder as described somewhere aboveā€¦

This HABPanel UI is awesome!!!

Thanx a lot @ysc :smiley:

1 Like

Really enjoying Habpanel. Unfortunately with the latest snapshot (openhab2) my habpanel is now blank. When editing widgets, the item drop down list is blank.

Hi all,

I realise that n3-line chart is experimental, but itā€™s not working for me and Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m supposed to have installed something? The error I get (safari) is:

The line with the error is the ā€˜navigatorā€™ line shown below:

<script> 
		window.addEventListener('load', function() {
			navigator.serviceWorker.register('service-worker.js', { scope: './' }) /** THIS LINE */
			.then(function(r) {
				console.log('Service worker registered');
			})
			.catch(function(what) {
				console.info('Service worker not registered (not using HTTPS?): ' + what);
			});
		});
		</script>

Can you elaborate/provide a screenshot? Hit F12 to bring up the developer tools and check error messages in the console?

Whoops, looks like service workers are not supported by Safari :frowning: Shouldā€™ve been more careful. Iā€™ll make a quick fix!

Hmmā€¦ seems to be fixed with latest snapshot

Here is my HABPanel (under development) :sunglasses: :jack_o_lantern:

And my template settings (based on @ysc 's example):

I include 1 example Roller-shutter config also (widget-slider).

<div style="position: absolute;
		top: 0;
		bottom: 0;
		left: -10px; right: -10px;
		background: url('http://<url>/static/Home/First_Floor.png');
		background-size: cover;
		background-repeat: no-repeat;">

<div ng-init='E03_Small_LED={"name": "E03 Small LED", "item": "E03_Small_LED", "hidelabel": true, "hideonoff": true, "iconset": "eclipse-smarthome-classic", "icon": "light" }'>
	<widget-switch
		style="position: absolute;
		background: rgba(147,189,238,0.5);
		border-radius: 20px;
		top: 67%; left: 50%;
		width: 60px; height: 60px"
		ng-model="E03_Small_LED" />
</div>

<div ng-init='E06_J6={"name": "E06 J6", "item": "E06_J6", "hidelabel": true, "hideonoff": true, "step": 10, "precision": 0, "vertical": true, "inverted": true }'>
	<widget-slider
		style="position: absolute;
		background: rgba(147,189,238,0.5);
		border-radius: 20px;
		top: 85%; left: 71%;
		width: 60px; height: 100px"
		ng-model="E06_J6" />
</div>

</div>

BR,
Dim

4 Likes

Bravo @Dim. Looking good.

Hi,
I have 2 panel, one for heater main parameter and one for heater fine settings.
Itā€™s possible to setup a widget that link to another Panel?

Thanks

Hiya @ysc, I have
200 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.201610262233 | HABPanel User Interface

But I still donā€™t seem to be able to get n3 charts working (Safari, latest version OSX).

I can see the default charts just fine, but when I switch to n3 I get a blank widget.

With default I get some errors:
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-clock.min.js.map, line 0) - http://rambert.noip.me:8080/habpanel/vendor/angular-clock.min.js.map [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (rrdchart.png, line 0 - http://rambert.noip.me:8080/rrdchart.png?{{vm.imageQueryString()}}&h={{vm.height}}&w={{vm.width}})

Edit: I get then with n3-line-charts too actually.