HAI OmniLink Bindings HELP

Just posting here as I cannot find anything these days.

Is this the place to post relating to issues with the HAI OmniLink Bindings?

Hi Pete , this is the place , what’s up?
On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 7:12 PM Pete bot@community.openhab.org wrote:

pete https://community.openhab.org/users/pete
February 14

Just posting here as I cannot find anything these days.

Is this the place to post relating to issues with the HAI OmniLink
Bindings?

Visit Topic
https://community.openhab.org/t/hai-omnilink-bindings-help/7511/1 or
reply to this email to respond.

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here
https://community.openhab.org/t/hai-omnilink-bindings-help/7511/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences
https://community.openhab.org/my/preferences

–
Sent from my mobile.

Hello Dan,

Thank-you for the quick reply.

Just a repost here from Cocoontech from a user named oakguy. I have asked him to join the discussion here.

Guys, I had no trouble with lights which can be relatively ubiquitous, but I’m having trouble adding security to my Openhab items file:I can read the mode properly:
String Areas_Main_Mode “Mode: [%s]” (Security) {omnilink=“area_status_mode:1”}
However, building the item entry for switching between the “night”, “vacation”, etc is eluding me.
I have tried this entry but getting nothing:

Switch area_status_mode (get/set) String ( “Day”=“Day”,“Night”=“Night”, “Away”=“Away”,“Vacation”=“Vacation”)_
Any ideas to get me started is appreciated!

While I don’t use the binding anymore, I still have my old sitemap for reference. I was using the following Switch:

Switch item=Areas_Main_Mode label="" mappings=["Off"=Off,"Day"=Day,"Night"=Night, "Away"=Away,"Vacation"=Vaca]

my item looked like:

String Areas_Main_Mode "Mode: [%s]" (Areas_Main) {omnilink="area_status_mode:1"}

I would also suggest looking at the logs and seeing what String is being passed to the item when he clicks on a button.

Thank you Dan.

What are you using today for your OmniPro panel?

I sold my house with the Omni setup about 2 years ago. In my new house I
decided to go with all zwave for lights/hvac/locks, sonos for audio (miss
my russound equipment!), and a honeywell alarm system ( builder put this
in, not my choice). OH now runs everything directly.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 1:43 PM Pete bot@community.openhab.org wrote:

pete https://community.openhab.org/users/pete
February 15

Thank you Dan.

What are you using today for your OmniPro panel?

Visit Topic
https://community.openhab.org/t/hai-omnilink-bindings-help/7511/5 or
reply to this email to respond.

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here
https://community.openhab.org/t/hai-omnilink-bindings-help/7511/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences
https://community.openhab.org/my/preferences

–
Sent from my mobile.

Dan,

Thanks for your assistance. That worked perfectly. I can’t tell you how much I appreciated your providing the Omnilink binding. Openhab is great and an excellent means to future proof an old HAI system. Some assembly required though!

I was curious if there is a way to switch off a group of switches with a single entry? I appreciate your help and realized that I had downloaded even an old MAC app your built to talk to HAI!

Thanks
Oak guy

Thanks, I’m glad it’s getting used!

Yep. There’s a little setup, but not too bad. Basically you will 1) make all the switches part of a group 2) great a virtual switch that will be what you turn of and on 3) a rule that when the virtual switch is pressed to turn all the members of that group on or off. For example:

in your item file define the group, the members of the group, and finally the virtual switch (Group_Kitchen_Switch):

Group Group_Kitchen Switch Light_Kitchen_Back "Back Lights [%s]" (Group_Kitchen) Switch Light_Kitchen_Front "Front Lights [%s]" (Group_Kitchen) Switch Light_Kitchen_Cans "Can Lights [%s]" (Group_Kitchen)Switch Group_Kitchen_Switch “Kitchen Lights” {autoupdate=“false”}
`
Then in a rule file put:

rule "Group_Kitchen_Switch" when Item Group_Kitchen_Switch received command then sendCommand(Group_Kitchen,receivedCommand) end

And finally in your sitemap
Switch item=Group_Kitchen_Switch mappings=[ON='On', OFF="Off"]

@digitaldan are you going to be the maintainer for the binding moving forward or is there someone picking up the reigns? I’m curious because of the upcoming 2.0 migrations and compatibility/future development. I noticed there is no built in binding to 2.0 yet.

I was starting a full z-wave buildout in my new house but after 6 months realized I missed the rocksolid control and security of the omnipro II so i went to the old place and stripped it our with all my UPB’s and just threw it in this past weekend, now to reconfigure!

I’m probably it for maintaining the binding. Since I don’t use the HAI
stuff anymore, I won’t be porting it to openhab 2, but I will still
volunteer to keep the 1.0 version up to date as much as i can and working
inside 2.0 under the 1.x compatibility layer.

I should have considered this prior to taking out my supported DSC alarm. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that someone will volunteer to rewrite for 2.0 as necessary or that the binding will work well enough as is in the 1.X compatibility layer as mentioned. Love my omnipro so I may have to start reading my Java books to see if i can get into the coding down the road.

Thanks for the efforts to date, you do a terrific job contributing to the community all around!

Thanks. If others are interested in picking this up, I would very much be willing to help out. Also, if there is enough interest from the community, I would be willing to get a 2.0 port going so others could maintain it ( i have written a few 2.0 bindings now), I just don’t know how many people are using it. I would also appreciate feedback on it working under OH2, I think that’s a very viable option for now.

I’ve been using the 1.9.0 version of the omnilink binding with oh2 for a few weeks now (along with the compatibility layer). It seems to be pretty reliable, but I too would like to get the benefits of having a v2 binding at some point. I also wouldn’t mind figuring out if my zigbee locks (controlled by the OP2) would ever be on the radar for openhab.

@digitaldan, thanks for your continued support, especially since you don’t even use the binding anymore! Like @ubergeek I love my OP2 but since Leviton bought HAI it’s felt a bit dicey keeping it compatible with newer technologies since Leviton seems to have dropped support of the DIY crowd. Your work has definitely allowed me to breath some new life into my OPII. Thank you!

I agree. Dan, your work has breathed new life into our HAI stuff. I certainly hope that you’ll find the support your looking for! HAI is so stable, its just needs a new front end to bring it to life!

Guy

Dan,

I spend the winters away from my home with omnilink, but I should be able to take over the omnilink binding. I will be returning early april and can start the project then. If anyone else gets started, just keep us posted here, and I’ll help out. I haven’t migrated to 2 yet, but this could be the catalyst to the change.

I’m pretty familiar with the code in the 1.x binding, and I also used it over in OpenRemote in years past. I also wrote a open remote binding for the insteon stuff which is similar enough.

I’ll check in in April and see where it’s at.

What is the current binding version I should be using for Omnipro integration with the current OpenHab 1.8.x release? I’m new to OpenHab integration and am hoping to get up and running to control Lightolier Compose lighting via the Omnipro II to replace a previously available iOS App [H@me 2].

Using the 1.6 version of the binding, I’m able to auto-discover all the lighting zones, etc. but, I’ve not been able to get scenes or dimming up/down working. I found a number of references to issue with OH 1.6 not supporting double quotes, etc. but have quite honestly been confused by all the moving parts.

Is there a good thread to follow that brings all the elements upto date between OH and Leviton-Omni? I’d happily move to OH2 but have seen suggestion it’s not ready yet :frowning:

Thanks for any guidance anyone can provide …
Scott

I’m running 1.8.2 without any issues but I’m only doing really basic stuff with controlling UPB lights (non-HLC) and monitoring door and window contacts.

Interesting. Do you know what OmniPro II firmware you are running? I’ve read past threads saying it shouldn’t matter, but I’m on 3.1 and anytime I attempt to connect with a binding version > 1.6 my Omni locks up the e-net port and I have to power cycle it.

Won’t be able to check until Monday but it’s either the latest or one rev back.

Hi @SRamsdell , I do not think the version of openHAB would cause the omni lockup, but I have seen too many connections however block a panel for awhile. https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/OmniLink-Binding gives a good example of the items, If you post your relevant item and sitemap files I can try and help you out.