Harmony Binding Stopped Working in OH1

this is a good suggestion… and allow you to slowly migrate over.
OH2 is pretty solid now…

I have put together a rough backport of the discovery logic in the 1.x version, you can find a compiled jar here Release Harmony discovery · digitaldan/openhab · GitHub , in order to use this you need to use a new property called discoveryName, this would be the name you gave your Harmony Hub when you set it up like “Great Room” or “Patio” mine looks like
harmonyhub:greatroom.discoveryName=great room
or wtihout the qualifier
harmonyhub:discoveryName=great room

the name is case insensitive. I also found I needed to reboot my hubs since the last release they pushed, so I would do that first. The other config values like host, username and password will be ignored if discoveryName is present and can safely be removed.

I’m sorry to hear that as well,. We are a community of hobbyists who spend only our free time making this project, which means there’s never enough time to do everything. And while I would like to make everyone happy and support all of the 1.x and 2.0 efforts, we need to focus on the future to make this the best possible smart home platform. The biggest contribution our community can do is to help get everyone to the 2.0 version of openHAB which will be released soon. I think is great how much support and effort I see on the forum from everyone regarding the push to 2.0!

`

3 Likes

This is awsome Dan, thanx! It works great :slight_smile:

I too want to port to OH2, but not until all the “bindings” I use is present, pluss, its gonna take a lot of time to confiure the whole thing / adjust my setup to the OH2. :wink:

But for the time being this was a good solution for the Harmony-issue :slight_smile: And thank you for your great work in the community! :slight_smile:

I have create https://github.com/openhab/openhab/pull/4813 to get this into the main repo

2 Likes

Thanks Dan, I’m also a OH1 user waiting to upgrade until all bindings are ready. For the time being I can continue using Harmony Hub with OH1, can confirm your patch is working here as well. I had to restart OH though.

Thanks Dan. Works great on OH1. This did get me to look into OH2 and install it on a separate computer. I really want to switch to OH2 but there are a few basic things I can’t get working (Harmony device buttonPress being one of many)

thank you very much Dan! works perfectly again… :slight_smile:

@digitaldan, it works like a charm on my side as well. Thank you very much!

Glad its working, I have updated the wiki page https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Logitech-Harmony-Hub-Binding with the new config.

Will this work if my Harmony Hub is on a different subnet than my openHAB instance?

i can’t make your 1.8-harmony-disco50 work… in fact i can’t file the file the only file i found is the 1.9 harmonyhub IO

Probably not, there is a PR to manually add the IP address I need to look at, I can see about backporting that

The nightly builds should have the correct binding, I think you should only need the io bundle as its the only part that changed. Make sure you have the new config option, if you are still having problems please run using the debug options/script and post back here.

so if i’m in 1.8.3 and change the io for 1.9 here : https://github.com/digitaldan/openhab/releases/tag/1.8-harmony-disco

and update my config it should work right ?

also my harmony told me that it have a software update should i do it ?

Its best if you download from the build server now that its in the main repo
https://openhab-ci.innoq.io/jenkins/view/openHAB/job/openhab-1/ws/bundles/io/org.openhab.io.harmonyhub/target/

Yes, see Logitech Harmony Hub Binding · openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki · GitHub for the config example

I have not heard of upgrades breaking this method of connecting, let us know how it goes :wink:

That would be great. I keep my openHAB box on a separate subnet because it can be accessed from the Internet. This change has caused the wife-acceptance factor to drop significantly because I use the activity state to control my television lift cabinet :grin:

Just to be sure yo mean te file called org.openhab.io.harmonyhub-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar right ?

Yes.

Make sure you remove the old IO binding however.

Can you try Release harmony-host-fix: adds optional host to help with discovery across subnets · digitaldan/openhab · GitHub ? Use the “host” config option that was previously used (but not username or password), this should broadcast to that specific address as well as the local subnet.

Yes, it doesn’t look like it worked. I got the following error:

2016-12-01 13:21:20.731 [WARN ] [o.harmonyhub.HarmonyHubGateway] - Could not find a HarmonyHub with the discovery name Family Room

“Family Room” is the name of the hub that shows up in my Harmony app.