Harmony Hub and Playstation 4

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
      Pi 4
      Latest Hypriot OS
    • openHAB version:
      2.5.9 (Docker)
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
    I can’t add PS4 to the Binding (it’s not discovered but it works on harmony hub). Everything else works.

Sony and Harmony have had a Hate/Hate relationship with the Playstation line. Sony has done everything in their power to regularly break and cripple the use of the harmony remote (well any universal).

The only solution currently available to Harmony is to pretend to be a generic bluetooth keyboard. This is why the harmony and other universal remotes can not turn the PS3/4 ON.

Make sure you are running the latest firmware on your harmony, You might have to delete the PS4 device on the harmony, then add it again, and update your activities. Then make sure you complete the entire pairing proccess on the PS4 to add a BT keyboard. After you do this, remove your harmony hub from openhab. Re discover your harmony and allow it to import your devices you should see the PS4 after.

You have to delete the device in the harmony, otherwise your remote might not have the latest “get around sony’s bs blocking” device profile. Sony wants you to buy their own media remote or universal remote adaptor (which they discontinued YAY)

1 Like

Oh okay I see… thanks for the Information :slight_smile:. The problem is resolved for now…I had to reboot OpenHab , suddenly the PS4 showed up XD

1 Like