Harmony Hub Binding unreliable

I am consistently having problems using the Harmony hub binding. To set the scene I have three hubs, Kitchen, Cinema and Living Room which are used to (you guessed it) control the AV equipment via IR. I know that the hubs can be tricky to keep on the network and have to restart them more often than I would like, interestingly I have found that increasing the DHCP lease time on these devices makes them a little more stable, those using a configurable DHCP server can play with that.

The problem I am seeing, and have been for quite a while, is that whilst the Harmony Hub mobile application is able to see and control the hubs, openHAB2 is not. Below is a list of my harmony things;

harmonyhub:device:Cinema:30700877 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Cinema TV, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:Cinema)
harmonyhub:device:Cinema:30700904 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Optoma Projector, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:Cinema)
harmonyhub:device:Cinema:30700896 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Onkyo AV Receiver, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:Cinema)
harmonyhub:device:Cinema:30700924 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Sapphire Home Appliance, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:Cinema)
harmonyhub:hub:Cinema (Type=Bridge, Status=OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): No hubs found for hub name, Label=HarmonyHub Cinema, Bridge=null)
harmonyhub:device:LivingRoom:29075570 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Samsung TV, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:LivingRoom)
harmonyhub:device:LivingRoom:29078073 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Yamaha AV Receiver, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:LivingRoom)
harmonyhub:hub:LivingRoom (Type=Bridge, Status=ONLINE, Label=HarmonyHub LivingRoom, Bridge=null)
harmonyhub:device:Kitchen:33080327 (Type=Thing, Status=INITIALIZING, Label=Sony Mini System, Bridge=harmonyhub:hub:Kitchen)
harmonyhub:hub:Kitchen (Type=Bridge, Status=ONLINE, Label=HarmonyHub Kitchen, Bridge=null)

Now the cinema hub is offline, confirmed in the harmony hub application, but the other hubs are still online. As you can see the underlying devices are not being initialised and so cannot be controlled. In the logs I can see many;

[ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Attempt to initialize a handler twice for thing 'harmonyhub:device:LivingRoom:29075570' at the same time will be ignored.

For the harmony hub devices. Sometimes a restart fixes it, other times it does not but once they are broken they are broken until a restart.

I previously posted an issue where things (Hue bulbs, etc.) were getting handler not initialised errors and am pretty certain the harmony binding was making this worse. Kai kindly pointed me to a fix due in the next build which did improve the situation but I still cannot help but feel the binding is not happy behind the scenes.

If there is anything you need from me to test this then please let me know and I will happily help. As a completely random aside, how can I get the list of available buttons for a device once it has initialised? Can this be obtained within a rule or a call on the console? (under openHAB1 it used to spew XML into the log file)

Looks to me as the same (or something similar) as https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/1563