Harmony Hub Home Automation Buttons (Hue Emulator question)

All,

I have read a lot of threads about Hue emulation and Amazon echo, but did not figure out how to transfer it to my problem / task.

I have two zwave switches which I would like to control with the light bulb buttons on my harmony companion (with harmony hub) - of course beside the regular zwave network and wallswitch.

According to the information I have read so far I should be able to do so with the Hue Emulator.
So I installed OH2 and included the Hue Emu. Set it to pairing in Paper UI and I see in the log that the Hue Emu is starting properly:

Started Hue Emulation service at /api

My items look like:

Switch Z_WoZiLicht                    "Licht WoZi-Wand"    [ "Switchable" ] {channel="zwave:device:49ede2f3:node4:switch_binary1"}
Switch Z_Treppenlicht                "Licht Treppe"            [ "Switchable" ] {channel="zwave:device:49ede2f3:node4:switch_binary2"}

I pushed the pairing button on my harmony hub, but it does not seem to change anything.
So, how to pair the Harmony Hub (instead of Alexa) to the binding?

I also tried to find the Hue Bridge by the Philips Hue App
(this supposed to be working according to another thread).
But it didn’t find anything.

But paring is true (tried by REST):
http://192.168.178.50:8080/rest/services/org.openhab.hueemulation/config

In DEBUG mode I get a lot of messages like:
[ulation.internal.HueEmulationServlet] - 192.168.178.31: GET /api/discovery.xml

but the IP Address above is my ipad doing nothing…

One step further:
I just needed to search for the Hue Bridge using my Harmony iPhone App.
After that the tagged items showed up in the (Harmony) App GUI.
Finally I just linked these items to the Home Control Keys on my Remote (also within the App).
Test to be done though…

It works perfectly.
The only things I did not find out yet is:

1. Is is possible to assign +/- on the Harmony remote to e.g. Rollershutter up/down?
    (Usually it’s for brightness of HUE bulbs - but I just switch regular fibaro switches without dimmer function)
  2. Can I change the behaviour of the bulb buttons on the Harmony remote?
    (Currently short press -> ON, long press -> OFF
    I actually would prefer a regular toogle (fail safe for other users).

Hi,
Könntest du mir verraten, wie du das Hue Emulation Service in openhab 2 integriert hast? Bin Anfänger und finde irgendwie keine Anleitung dazu.

Wäre Klasse!

Hi @Pet
woher weißt du, dass ich deutsch kann?
Is englisch ok as well? because this would help others here as well.
If not, let me know.
Otherwise:

Hue Emulator:
Setup the needed Switches / items in your items file according to:

In my case e.g.:
Switch Z_Treppenlicht “Licht Treppe” (G_Lights, G_All_OFF) [ “Switchable” ] {channel=“zwave:device:49ede2f3:node4:switch_binary2”}
The position of the Tag [ “Switchable” ] is important (Must be behind the group identification and before the channel).

for debugging (not neccessarily needed):
karaf console:
ssh openhab@localhost -p8101 (standard password (openhabian): habopen)
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.io.hueemulation

Using Paper UI install hue emulation and configure it (pairing mode -> ON).
Check with your webbrowser if pairing is really ON (some people encountered issues here)
http://YOUR_IPADRESS:8080/rest/services/org.openhab.hueemulation/config
To pair you need to start your HarmonyApp (e.g. on the iphone) and pair it with the HarmonyHub Emulator instance
Here you can find how to do so:
You can skip the part about creating a Hue account if you don’t have a hue (like me)
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-philips-hue (Add Philips Hue using the Harmony Mobile App)
This should lead to your pre defined items to show up in the app immediately (on the home screen of the Harmony App).
You can link the items defined with [Switchable] above to the home automation buttons on your Harmony remote (if you have the companion with these buttons like me)
Afterwards (only if you switched on the debug above)
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.io.hueemulation back to "Info"
Console:
log:set INFO org.openhab.io.hueemulation
That’s it.

Hi,

And thanks firstly for your answer. English is not a problem for me. I saw your name and your drigger commands treppenlicht. So it’s not difficult to know that you are a German too like me. I thought in our mother language it is easier and faster to talk but English is also good.

Now to the hue emulation service. I need it for my homematic system to search and find after devices from homematic. Do I need a hue bridge for that?

I have installed openhab 2 and are in the paper ui but how do I install the hue emulation service in the paper ui. On GitHub I didn’t find a download button to download the files from the hue emulation service.

That’s iam standing for iam a newbie and have no experience in this case😔 sry for that newbie questions.

Hi Peter,

damn - you are right. I did not check all my posts above :wink:

Anyway - I am not experienced with homematic - so I cannot help you with this, sorry.
But there is a homematic binding obviously for OH2 as well:

The Hue Emulation can be found in Paper UI -> extensions -> Misc and is used for instance to connect the Logitech Harmony to Openhab (my case) or to Amazons Alexa (echo).

Ah ok I check it later. Yeah, your postings had show from which country you are​:joy: so don’t worry I don’t stalk you​:joy::joy::joy:

The homematic binding is installed only the hue service is missing to find the devices

Hey Guys, im german too and a total newbie in openhab2. I just have a few Skills. I have Homematic too and openhab2 Runs at my MacBook. But how i Connect homematic with the hue emulation? How does it work? Whats my next steps?

Hey,

Go to http://homematic-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32411&start=80&sid=d817deb2c20680712e15eebe81f13bf0

And ask like me Stephan if he could make a tutorial because by him it works already.

Hi! I’m having one problem with paring the hue emulator to harmony hub.
I have the following entries on debug log:
2017-03-15 20:41:10.114 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.io.hueemulation ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.io.hueemulation
2017-03-15 20:41:10.391 [DEBUG] [ulation.internal.HueEmulationServlet] - Device pairing enabled : true
2017-03-15 20:41:10.472 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.io.hueemulation ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {javax.servlet.ServletContext}={osgi.web.symbolicname=org.openhab.io.hueemulation, osgi.web.version=2.1.0.201703151436, osgi.web.contextpath=/, service.id=361, service.bundleid=228, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.io.hueemulation
2017-03-15 20:41:10.487 [INFO ] [ulation.internal.HueEmulationServlet] - Started Hue Emulation service at /api
2017-03-15 20:41:10.490 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.io.hueemulation ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet}={service.pid=org.openhab.hueemulation, service.config.category=io, service.config.label=Hue Emulation, discoveryIp=192.168.1.67, component.name=org.openhab.hueemulation, component.id=227, pairingEnabled=true, service.config.description.uri=io:hueemulation, service.id=360, service.bundleid=228, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.io.hueemulation
2017-03-15 20:41:10.515 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.io.hueemulation ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.io.hueemulation

My home automation server has the ip 192.168.1.67 and I have setted the pairing to true on paper ui and in runtime.cfg, but no success.
In myHarmony hub it says that the hue has been found but it’s waiting the press of the pairing button…

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Help needed :slight_smile: some one can give me a tip to pair the hue emulator with harmony hub? Check my last post :slight_smile:

I tried to install some Philips hue in my phone but I can’t found the hue emulator. My server is installed on lubuntu, is missing some configuration in OS? I have habridge working like a charm but i want to migrate all to openhab.

I changed the Log level to debug and the pairing has been done with success. very strange, but i’m not the first user with the same behavior.

I have found some personal notes from my installation progress several months ago.
Maybe this helps you for your pairing issues:

Setup the needed Switches / items in your items file according to:

In my case e.g.:

Switch Z_Treppenlicht	"Licht Treppe"	(G_Lights, G_All_OFF)	[ "Switchable" ]
{channel="zwave:device:49ede2f3:node4:switch_binary2"}

The position of the Tag [ “Switchable” ] is important (Must be behind the group identification
and before the channel).

For debugging (not neccessarily needed):
karaf console:
ssh openhab@localhost -p8101
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.io.hueemulation

Using Paper UI install hue emulation and configure it (pairing mode -> ON).
Check with your webbrowser if pairing is really ON (some people encountered issues here)
http://YOUR_IPADRESS:8080/rest/services/org.openhab.hueemulation/config
To pair you need to start your HarmonyApp (e.g. on the iphone) and pair it with the
HarmonyHub Emulator instance
Here you can find how to do so:
You can skip the part about creating a Hue account if you don’t have a hue (like me)
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-philips-hue (Add Philips Hue
using the Harmony Mobile App)
This should lead to your previously defined items to show up in the app immediately (on the home
screen of the Harmony App).
You can link the items defined with [Switchable] above to the home automation buttons on
your Harmony remote (if you have the companion with these buttons like me)
Afterwards (only if you switched on the debug above)
log:set DEBUG org.openhab.io.hueemulation back to "Info"
Console:
log:set INFO org.openhab.io.hueemulation
That’s it.

Thanks for you help. I Got it working. I had the configuration ok, setted the pairing mode to on, and checked with rest api. I only got it working when I setted the log to debug. It’s strange but only worked that way…