Harmony Hub not found

Hi, I am working with OH2 and everything is fine so far. But the Auto Discovery of the Harmony Binding does not find the hub (as a thing). When I try to add the hub manually it doesn’t work also.
Do anybody have an idea? The hub works very well beside OH.

Best regards,
Jörg

Check through karaf if the harmony binding is active:

199 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201702121957 | HarmonyHub Binding

Hub is on the same network as openHAB server?

@sihui
Yes, it is active:
192 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0 | HarmonyHub Binding
But in another version. Is it a problem?

OH Server and Harmony Hub are in the same Network 192.168.0.XX.

The openhab.log does not contain the word “harmony”. Should it?

Best regards,
Jörg

The events.log contains the following regarding the manually added Harmony Hub as a thing:

2017-03-05 10:14:34.701 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘harmonyhub:hub:HarmonayHub’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2017-03-05 10:14:37.141 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘harmonyhub:hub:HarmonayHub’ changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN

That’s all…

Not at my system with a working harmony hub binding :slight_smile:

The events.log should have something like

2017-03-04 18:43:24.105 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyWZ' changed from UNKNOWN to ONLINE

in it. So it needs to be online.

My manually configured harmony thing:

Bridge harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyWZ [ name="HarmonyWZ"] {
	device Bose-AV [ name="Bose-AV"]
}

You need to use the name configured in your Harmony application.
But apart from that the autodiscovery should work right away, al least it did at mine.
Do you have the hub connected to a different switch? I remember reading somewhere that discovery does not work when hub and openHAB server are not connected directly to the router or to the same network switch …

[quote=“sihui, post:5, topic:24399”]Do you have the hub connected to a different switch? I remember reading somewhere that discovery does not work when hub and openHAB server are not connected directly to the router or to the same network switch …
[/quote]
Yes, I do. The server is directly connected to the router and the hub is connected via a WLAN access point, which is connected to a switch…

How should I configure the hub in that case? By PaperUI manually (what information do I have to enter exactly) or in a thing-file?

Best regards,
Jörg

I don’t think a different/additional setup/config is possible …
I would, for testing purposes, connect the hub temporary to your router directly and see if that works.

The hub is connected via WLAN with the router (Fritzbox) and the (windows) OH server now wired with the Fritzbox. The harmony configuration software notes the hub as connected with the Fritzbox Router. But the OH thing discovery does not find any Harmony hub :frowning:

Upps … I have not the slightest idea what needs to be done on a Windows machine.
Try to find something about the technology the hub is working with, maybe you need to open a specific port or enable UPNP on Windows or whatever.
Sorry, I’m not able to help with Windows …

You helped me a lot :grin: I turned off the firewall and the hub (incl. all it’s devices) was found. When I turn the firewall on again, the Hub is offline, but now I have to find out, which port (or whatever) needs to be open :wink:

Thank you so far!

1 Like

can you let us know what you did to get the harmony hub discovered through the windows firewall? I’m having the same issue. hub was found fine on a linux VM i was testing with, but in windows it won’t find it. certain port needs to be opened?