Harmony Hub reported as offline?

openHAB 4.1.2 as VM, Debian 12 OS with openhabian
openHAB 4.1.x RaspberryPi 5, Raspbian with openhabian

Good afternoon.
I have been running into an issue with my Harmony not working with OH. If I send a command (any command) there is no action. This had been happening with a fresh install on a Raspberry Pi 5. For some checks I have installed OH as a Debian VM under Proxmox. openhabian was installed as well on both systems.

With both setups, after running for rougly a week my harmony binding stops responding to button presses through OH. I just changed logging for the binding to debug and it is reporting my hub is offline. I can still control my hub with the remote and with the Android app.
After a restart of OH the hub is reachable again.

Any thoughts or suggestions for how I could help with more information to assist with some trouble shooting?

2024-05-07 16:54:20.868 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Systeminfo_openHABPVE_Memory_Used' changed from 2010120192 B to 2011168768 B
2024-05-07 16:54:21.720 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'HarmonyHub_Button_Press' received command Select
==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2024-05-07 16:54:21.722 [TRACE] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Handling command 'Select' for harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub:buttonPress
2024-05-07 16:54:21.722 [DEBUG] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Hub is offline, ignoring command Select for channel harmonyhub:hub:HarmonyHub:buttonPress

Thanks
Craig

It sounds like the connection is timing out. I haven’t heard of that before, and haven’t experienced it with my Harmony Hubs. When it goes offline, what happens if you disable and reenable the thing (instead of restarting openHAB)?

I have an old Belkin Wemo device that eventually stops responding to openHAB, so I have a rule to disable/enable it daily.

Thanks for this suggestion @rpwong , next time my hub reports offline i will try the disable/enable on it and report back.

Yes I’m puzzled why this has started to happen it began 3 or 4 months ago. I’ve been using this same hub with OH for quite a while. It’s the Harmony Elite/hub package, bought it shortly after it was released.

Craig