Have I misunderstood how groups work, or are my rules wrong?

Hi,

Yesterday I saw that rules that I introduced somehow had an unintended effect.

I have a group gWindowLights in which DimmerFNsterlampanEverspring_SwitchMultilevel is a member.
TaklampanFibaro_PowerOutler a member of gLighting, and both DimmerFNsterlampanEverspring_SwitchMultilevel and TaklampanFibaro_PowerOutler are members of the same room group.

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) gLighting "Lamps on right now [%d]" <light> 

Group gDimmerLights <dimmablelight> (gLighting)

Group:Switch gWindowLights  <light> (gLighting)

Group:Switch gOutsideLights  <light> (gLighting)
rule "Turn off window lights late at night" 
when 
	Time cron "0 30 23 ? * *" or 
	Time cron "0 30 0 ? * *" 
then 
	gWindowLights.sendCommand(OFF)
	gOutsideLights.sendCommand(OFF)

end

Now, the rules I introduced are these:

rule "Turn off light when it is time for bed"
when 
	Time cron "0 0 22 ? * MON-FRI" or
	Time cron "0 30 22 ? * SAT,SUN" 
then

DimmerFNsterlampanEverspring_SwitchMultilevel.sendCommand(OFF)
end

rule "Toggle bedroom window light when ceiling light is toggled"
when

Item TaklampanFibaro_PowerOutlet recieved update 
then
	 DimmerFNsterlampanEverspring_SwitchMultilevel.sendCommand(TaklampanFibaro_PowerOutlet.previousState())
end

and all of a sudden also the outside lights were also turned off (I assume) around 22. At least they were not on until 23.30, as the turnoff rules says any more.

I have not seen odd things like that before, so I now must consider that the issue can be something related to my rules.

Of course, I assumed that you may control individual lights within a group without affecting other members of the group…

What could be the issue?

Fredrik

That is correct and I do it all the time.

You can look in events.log and see the exact time the Items received the command to turn off.

I do not see anything that jumps out in the rules that looks wrong. You probably want to give your gDimmerLights a type but I don’t think that group is involved in the erroneous behavior.

Group:Dimmer gDimmerLights