Having trouble discovering zwave items with HUSBZB-1

Hello. I’m running openhabian 1.4.x and openHAB 2.3. I had the Aeon Z-Stick G5 installed and working with one item (ZOOZ/Monoprice 4-in-1 sensor). I need to add zigbee to my setup, so I got a Nortek HUSBZB-1 combo stick. I removed the sensor and the thing from openHAB, removed the Z-stick, and plugged in the HUSBZB-1. I set the serial ports, restarted openhab and both the zigbee and zwave bindings are active. However, I do not seem to be able to discover any items with zwave.

When I scan for new items, I see this in the log:

[arthome.event.BindingEvent] - org.openhab.binding.zwave.event.BindingEvent@1311bb3

…but I never find items. I’ve power-cycled the ZOOZ sensor, and done the double button press to have it found.

Any ideas? I’m probably missing something very simple…

1 Like

Did you ever exclude the device (can be done from any controller/network) or completely reset the device? If not, it is probably still included in the old network, so can’t be included into another network.

1 Like

That did the trick. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
I am having the same issue, can you please share what you did to exclude the device? Thank you.

If you go into the properties of your controller in either Habmin or Paper UI, you’ll see an option to start exclusion. Then follow the instructions for your device to also put it into exclusion mode.

1 Like