HD Powerview Binding fails to install on Docker deployment

I have recently received a Synology DS920+ and am moving my openHAB deployment over to that. I went with a Docker installation on the device.

Everything seems to be working well except for the HD Powerview binding. When Installing from the UI it just hangs. Looking at the logs, it is failing for a dependency: org.samba.jcifs/jcifs/1.3.17

2021-03-14 21:22:49.990 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hdpowerview': Error:
        Error downloading mvn:org.samba.jcifs/jcifs/1.3.17

I tried it uninstalling/reinstalling on a test openhabian setup and it seems to work fine there.

It seems like a possible permissions issue, but I do not know where the file is supposed to end up.

Can anyone push me in the right direction? Is it possible to just place the dependency jar in the correct place?

Thanks!

I’m seeing this issue on multiple bindings…

2021-03-16 00:55:34.933 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-ambientweather, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-hdpowerview, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-yamahareceiver, openhab-binding-zwave': Error:
2021-03-16 00:56:34.916 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-ambientweather, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-hdpowerview, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-yamahareceiver, openhab-binding-zwave': Error:

I’m glad someone else is seeing this. That should help track down the issue.

I did a search in the addons project on github and jcifs only showed up on 2 bundles. Have you tried removing the hdpowerview binding and see if everything else installs. From your list, I am successfully using openhabcloud, astro, sonos, and zwave bindings.

What is your environment?

Clean 3.x build. I ended up manually copying the jcifs jar over from a previous install. It looks like the site that the jars were hosted on was (temporarily?) down. Are you still having an issue?

I am still having the issue. What directory should the jcifs jar be copied to? I downloaded copy but I am not sure the proper location.

This should do it…

wget https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-release/jcifs/jcifs/1.3.17/jcifs-1.3.17.jar
mv jcifs-1.3.17.jar userdata/tmp/mvn/org/samba/jcifs/jcifs/1.3.17/

Thanks for the location info. Manually copying the jar to that location and a reboot seems to have done the trick.