HD PowerView

I have a new PowerView Hub and two shades that work fine using the PV app.

I’ve configured the PV Binding in OH 2.3 and have the hdpowerview 2.3 binding installed.

It found my hub and 2 shades with no issue, but when I try to control the shades, I receive this error in the logs:

2018-07-21 12:16:10.802 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.handler.HDPowerViewShadeHandler@110162f': The template variable 'id' has no value

Thanks in advance!

Post your code please.

The shades were discovered using Paper UI and cannot be controlled from there either.

/* Master Shade */

Rollershutter	MasterBlind		"Master Blind"					(Master_Bedroom)	{channel="hdpowerview:shade:54576:position"}
	Switch			MasterBattery	"Master Battery" 	<battery>	(Master_Bedroom)	{channel="hdpowerview:shade:54576:lowBattery"}	

I’m using the HD PowerView 2.3 binding on OH2.

Can you still post screnshots from the configurations please.

Hub in Paper UI:

Capture

Blind in Paper UI:

Did you fix it? same issue here

No, I still have the issue. I’ve tried everything, I think the latest Binding is broken.

I’m also getting this error. Full log is:

2018-08-09 17:53:18.332 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.handler.HDPowerViewShadeHandler@b6250c': The template variable 'id' has no value
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The template variable 'id' has no value
        at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyWebTarget.getUri(JerseyWebTarget.java:134) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-client:2.22.2]
        at org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.internal.HDPowerViewWebTargets.invoke(HDPowerViewWebTargets.java:92) [254:org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview:2.3.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.internal.HDPowerViewWebTargets.moveShade(HDPowerViewWebTargets.java:67) [254:org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview:2.3.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.handler.HDPowerViewShadeHandler.setPosition(HDPowerViewShadeHandler.java:114) [254:org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview:2.3.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.handler.HDPowerViewShadeHandler.setPosition(HDPowerViewShadeHandler.java:98) [254:org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview:2.3.0]
        at org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.handler.HDPowerViewShadeHandler.handleCommand(HDPowerViewShadeHandler.java:58) [254:org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview:2.3.0]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor155.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy170.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [254:org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview:2.3.0]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh230]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor154.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The template variable 'id' has no value
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.UriTemplate$1ValuesFromArrayStrategy.valueFor(UriTemplate.java:1020) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.UriTemplate.resolveTemplate(UriTemplate.java:706) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.UriTemplate.createUriComponent(UriTemplate.java:1030) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.UriTemplate.createURIWithStringValues(UriTemplate.java:964) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.UriTemplate.createURIWithStringValues(UriTemplate.java:906) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.UriTemplate.createURI(UriTemplate.java:871) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.internal.JerseyUriBuilder._build(JerseyUriBuilder.java:914) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.uri.internal.JerseyUriBuilder.build(JerseyUriBuilder.java:831) ~[?:?]
        at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyWebTarget.getUri(JerseyWebTarget.java:132) ~[?:?]
        ... 22 more

solved this by deleting the shade and adding it again, strange, but it works

Deleting the shade from where?

From the things

I deleted the shades and hub, then re-added them. I still have the same error -

2018-08-13 08:44:49.293 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.hdpowerview.handler.HDPowerViewShadeHandler@6c7cf7': The template variable 'id' has no value

I’ve tried everything to get this binding to work from Paper UI. I’ve deleted and reinstalled several times and I’m still getting the same error. Is there an earlier version of this binding that works?

No success here either. Same error, also after a couple of thing deletions and readding. OpenHAB 2.4 snapshot, Gen 2 Hub.

I’ve still not gotten this binding to work, which is really a bummer. I think the binding only works for the Gen 1 Hub.

I think this commit will fix the issue. Just merged into OpenHAB, will probably get released in OpenHAB 2.4.

I can confirm this has been fixed in OpenHAB 2.4 M8 (milestone build 8)

1 Like

Is there a way to tell in Paper UI or openhabian-config which snapshot or milestone build you are running?

When I log into the console I get the following header:

berland@raaserv:~$ openhab-cli console       
Logging in as openhab

__  _____    ____      
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )     
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  | 
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /      
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/     
    /_/                        2.4.0.M8
                               Milestone Build   

which gives it away

1 Like

Thank you! I wasn’t sure if that only updated with a stable release!