Help build binding for Paradox Alarm Panel with IP150

What i mean is that for a specific zone i get as payload OPEN/CLOSE although for another, i get ON/OFF with a number after it. See the attached images.

Ok so for a payload like for Paradox/Zone/LR/Windows you will need a JS transform to extract the value
I assume that ON will be OPEN and OFF closed

Create a file called paradox_windows.js in your transform folder with the following content:

(function(payload) {
    var data = payload.split(" ")[0];  // "ON" or "OFF"
    var result = "";
    if (data == "ON") result = "OPEN";
    if (data == "OFF") result = "CLOSED";
    return result;
})(input)

Make sure the JS (Javascript) transformation in installed in the paperUI

Use the transformation for CONTACT items as it returns OPEN and CLOSED

1 Like

Thanks!!! Its working great!!!

Another thing i am trying to do is to run it as a service. what i get from systemctl status paradoxip.service i get

pi@OPENHABSRV:~ $ systemctl status paradoxip.service
● paradoxip.service - Starts and stops the Paradox IP150 Python script
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/paradoxip.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-02-12 11:51:54 EET; 4h 10min ago
     Docs: https://github.com/Tertiush/ParadoxIP150v2
 Main PID: 10433 (python)
   Memory: 15.6M
      CPU: 2.326s
   CGroup: /system.slice/paradoxip.service
           └─10433 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/paradoxip/IP150-MQTTv2.py

Feb 12 15:48:28 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:******************* Error reading config.ini file (will use defaults): [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/h
Feb 12 15:48:28 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (3: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:51:01 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (2: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:53:33 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (1: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:State01:Error within State_Machine: 1: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:State01:Going to State_Machine: 0
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:******************* Error reading config.ini file (will use defaults): [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/h
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (3: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:58:38 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (2: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 16:01:11 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (1: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

Never mind got it permission issues. Thanks once more.

Why with the fork of tertius i always get zone labels, but with psyciknz fork i get them after a lot of the script restart?

Hi Dim,

Would you be able to download paradox TM50 firmware?

I went through a reseller, for their api, but they wanted us both to sign an nda and had a few other conditions.

So that’s why I went back to the ip150 python service

i would be really interested in trying out that binding but unfortunately i’m not able to downgrade my firmware so that i can use it again.
Any ideas? That manuals which have been posted for downgrading did not work for me…

Thanks a lot!

Check https://github.com/jpbarraca/pai as we support most panels , even with recent versions of the IP150 module. No downgrade is required and you can integrate with openhab through mqtt.

1 Like

ah great - i wasnt aware of that project. thank you!
will work through and see how far i come.

might need to get a bit better understanding of SITEID, login and panel serial data. AT the moment im not able to login with the IP150 to my panel…

I will keep you posted - thank you again for pointing me to it.

SiteID and login are related to the paradox service. Should be the same you use in the paradox app or babyware. You can ignore the serial if you only have one IP150 module. With some panels you can connect directly through an direct IP connection. That project is able to establish encrypted connections with the panel (found in more recent versions of the IP150 module)
In order to keep this thread focused use our gitter community or open an issue in github if you find problems. We have reports of other users successfully integrating these panels with openhab.

Excuse me can anyone help me with the c# demo project for Paradox API ? the links are not working anymore and i lost it :frowning: my email is aketza.daza@me.com

There is a working binding for IP150: Paradox EVO Binding Try to use this one.

but i want to replicate the funcionality that IPR7 has to retrieve alarms from the IP150 reporting system is this Paradox EVO binging can do that ? I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

Ohhhhh I’ve seen that this project has a cryptography functions where did you find this info to make it ? :face_with_monocle: I’ll try to use it with the pagackes that I retrieve using wireshark.

It gets all statuses of the EVO192 board and all zones as well. As it uses IP150 when you want to connect with Babyware you need to stop the connection. Either you stop openhab or there is a function built in the binding.

Check earlier in the topic there are postings about the protocol itself. Few community people made a tremendous effort in reverse engineering the protocol in C# and Python.

Guys i’ve found it I’ve could found the SDK v2.13. with the dlls and the c# example. please contact me if you want a copy aketza.daza@me.com if you know that exists a newer version let me know and I’ll try to download it.

I think that the idea is to use the CMS to wait for the IP150 messages instead of pollling the information. because of this I was looking the SDK that already implements the CMS server. I’ve tried to see the packages with wireshark and they are really simple but is encripted and I don’t have the knowladge to digging into the package and looking for the protocol that the IP150 uses to sent the packages.

I’m new on this forum and this is old thread, so forgive me if this is not right place to post :slight_smile:
Anyway, I’ve installed binding and getting error that SP6000 panel is not supported. Any ideas if it is much different and would be difficult to adjust code to support it?

Hi.
As far as I know there are differences. If you’re a developer I would gladly support you in extending the current binding. For reverse engineering though I can’t help…

Cheers,
Konstantin