Help Getting Historic day to day kwh of Powermeter from Influxdb

Hi,

Ive tried several days looking and searching through the community and spent alot of hours trying to figure out a way to get historic kwh data from influxdb.

I want the possibility to show the used kwh per day for the last 7 days, under is a code snippet for yesterday

rule "Praktikant KWH Test"
when Item Sikringskap_3_TotalActiveEnergy_OUT_Scaled received update

then 

Praktikant_TodaysTotalMinus1.postUpdate(Sikringskap_3_TotalActiveEnergy_OUT_Scaled.deltaSince(now.toDateMidnight.minusDays(1)))

end

But i cant seem to get it to work properly since it takes what been accumulated from now.todatemidnight + minus 1 day, ive solved the issue temporarly by using a cron timer at 23.59 to move the value over.

Is there anyone here who might be able to assist me with this issue?

Thank you and regards
Christer

Currently, Praktikant_TodaysTotalMinus1 is being set to the delta in persisted data between now and 0:00:00 (morning) of the previous day. Do you want Praktikant_TodaysTotalMinus1 to have the value of the energy usage for just today? If so, consider…

now [2019-11-14T02:25:42.209-05:00]
now.toDateMidnight [2019-11-14T00:00:00.000-05:00]
now.toDateMidnight.minusDays(1) [2019-11-13T00:00:00.000-05:00]

So, don’t use the minusDays(1)…

Praktikant_TodaysTotalMinus1.postUpdate(Sikringskap_3_TotalActiveEnergy_OUT_Scaled.deltaSince(now.toDateMidnight))

This will provide just the delta in persisted data between now and 0:00:00 (morning) of today’s date. If this is not what you are looking for, please explain better what it is you are trying to achieve :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think that is the correct approach; calculate and store each days “daily total”.

I have to apologize for not explaining thoroughly enough.
i have 7 items that i want populated with the kwh usage per day for the last 7 days.

i was hoping i could use the minusDays function to archive this. but i cant figure out how.

the cron funciton work to a certain degree, but if the rule / system down for any reason or i want to see a
kwh usage for another spesific device i cant go back in time easily and need to write a rule to start logging from that day and onward.
The picture inserted also shows how a bug would look since the cron rule triggered at midnight and then for some reason it triggered again at 1am.

Thank you and regards
Christer

Most of the solutions I see for this work the other way around. At midnight or a few seconds on either side of midnight, execute a Rule to reset the count for today and rotate the values stored in the historic Items.

Then you have a Rule that keeps a count for the current day any time the sensor updates.

No persistence is required (except for restoreOnStartup so you don’t lose your historic Item states on an OH reboot).

1 Like