Help i've broken it

Hey guys,

For some reason myopenhab went offline and i tried everything to get it back online including this line:

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

Now I’ve lost all of my bindings that i installed via Paper Ui, and i can’t update or reinstall openhab.

is there a fix for this? or do i need to do a fresh install of openhabian?

Many thanks
Matt

You mean the cloud service myopenhab.org?

You have given us no information about what version , how you installed openhabian, what OS, Java version, etc.
How do you expect helpful answers without providing the needed information?

Thanks Bruce,

Apologies for my vagueness

I’m using openhabian 2.4.0.1 on a rpi3, and yes it was myopenhab.org, Java version 1.8.0_152.

I’ve lost Paper Ui and all of my bindings that i have downloaded with it.

2019-10-27 14:01:11.292 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-http1, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-persistence-gcal, openhab-binding-mqttitude1, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-action-pushbullet, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-expire1, openhab-action-mqtt, openhab-binding-gpstracker, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1, openhab-binding-onkyo': Error:

I think there are currently issues with openHABian related to Zulu Java. Searching the forum should reveal a workaround/

@matt_shepherd

I guess you do not have a backup?

What brings the following command in karaf console:

feature:list|grep Package
openhab-package-demo                        x 2.4.0            x          x Uninstalled x distro-2.4.0            x openHAB Demo Package
openhab-package-simple                      x 2.4.0            x          x Uninstalled x distro-2.4.0            x openHAB Simple Package
openhab-package-standard                    x 2.4.0            x          x Uninstalled x distro-2.4.0            x openHAB Standard Package
openhab-package-expert                      x 2.4.0            x x        x Started     x distro-2.4.0            x openHAB Expert Package
package                                     x 4.2.1            x x        x Started     x standard-4.2.1          x Package commands and mbeans

thanks

thought i had a clean backup on my pc…

Ok, the expert package is started: OK And this normally also installs:

• Paper UI for system administration, including item access
  • Classic UI as the well-known web UI from openHAB 1.x
  • Basic UI as the new modern web UI for mobile devices
  • HABPanel as a dashboard UI for (e.g. wall-mounted) tablets
  • HABmin as a powerful administration console, specifically suited for Z-Wave setups
  • Interactive REST API that easily allows exploring the REST features through a documented UI
  • all available transformations as they used to be part of the core 1.x runtime

What brings a:

bundle:list|grep UI
150 x Active   x  80 x 0.10.0.oh240           x Eclipse SmartHome UI
151 x Active   x  80 x 0.10.0.oh240           x Eclipse SmartHome UI Icons
185 x Active   x  80 x 2.4.0                  x openHAB Dashboard UI

open in web-browser localhost:8080 and select a Package.

done.

Paper UI isn’t there?

I selected Node-red and it works

Pardon?

i selected a package - Node Red

I only know the following packages:

• simple
  • standard
  • expert
  • demo

see here:

Were does node-red comes from?