Help with a few item warnings OH 2.3

And Hue emulation does not work, meaning Alexa does not find any switch anymore…

has this been fixed. I have the same issue and it sets some of my values to null

Removing all underscores from items names (in .items file) that are related to Google ASssistant (i.e (Switchable) solved my bug a few minutes ago.

Hi,

Sadly this doesn’t work for me as not all of my affected items have “_” in the name but I still get the same errors.

Hi,

I also have this problem. Changing all Items from underscore-usage to not-underscore-usage is a quite high effort because they are used in really many rules… Also I think underscores are a great possibility to make item names more readable…

This problem is called as a “warning” problem without any affect to openhab items / rules / …
I cannot confirm this. I frequently have the problem that the status of these items suddenly switches to NULL. For those that who also got this warning: did you also have problems with the item’s state?

Hi,

Yes i get the same issue with items states switching to null so i then have to go round all the items and set the last known state manually so that they appear ok in the UI/IOS APP.

Hi Kevin,

I also set the state manually for several times. But after some days or hours (don’t know what causes this) the states are NULL again…

Hi,

I don’t have that same situation once manually reset they stay until the next rule/manual update that’s actually supposed to happen so sounds like you have an additional issue.

Aah ok thats it, I updated some rules… That might have been the trigger. “Don’t touch a running system” would solve this problem :wink:

I saw https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/5670#issuecomment-417816290 so this seems to be a known and fixed issue already.

@Kai the problem seems to be fixed with #5670 - is there a plan for a release-date of openhab 2.4 (or are fixes planed to solve this problem and maybe some others in a 2.3.x)?

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I only recently updated to OH2.3 as stability of service is more important than new functions as the wife is the biggest critic of any changes and doesn’t share my same enthusiasm with making the home smarter :slight_smile:
I don’t currently have a massive setup so the need to change items/rules is not very frequent so I guess I will just have to live with the state for now until 2.4 is officially released and has been running for others for a few months :slight_smile:

check here: [OH 2.4.0 M6] Testing Results

there is no “official” ETA on 2.4.0 Stable but from previous experience with 2.0.0 -> 2.3.0 we should have a new stable 2.4.0 in about 2 months (maybe earlier) :slight_smile:

According to this comment: 436780342, anything later than June includes the fix. So you can try OH 2.4.0 M6.

I had the same warning in the past with 2.3 but not anymore (running M6 currently and it’s pretty stable)

I’d hope before Christmas, just like the last years!

3 Likes

EDIT 18.12.2018: With the new Version 2.4, Warnings are gone, so my post is cleared :wink:

Don’t know if the reason for the warning was already found or not, but today I got it also and I maybe know why:

When I use “expose” items in the openhabcloud.cfg I got for changes in my items files:

mon.registry.AbstractManagedProvider] - Could not update element with key _tags:********** in ManagedMetadataProviderImpl, because it does not exists.

If I disable/don’t use “expose” items the Warnings are gone.
So it seems to be searching if the changed items are also exposed ones, don’t find it and outputs a warning?

Greets Udo